#Decision Right Career Bright
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate programmes in India and around the world. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The majority of managerial level positions across industries and domains call for an MBA, which is why many BTech, BBA, BCom, BA, BSc, and BCA graduates now pursue. an MBA after graduation.
MBA admission is based on MBA entrance exams, which are followed by a round of personality assessments (Group Discussion or GD, Written Ability Test or WAT and Personal Interview or PI). In order to pursue an MBA programme, students must typically have at least a 50% average in their undergraduate degree from any discipline. The most common MBA entrance exams are the CAT, GMAT, and XAT as well as others. Some of the top MBA colleges in India that accept admission through these exams are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, XLRI, and ISB. The MBA fee generally ranges between INR 10-25 lakh depending on the college, but there are some very popular top colleges where the course fee is much lower than FMS Delhi and JBIMS Mumbai, for example, charge INR 10 lakh.
What exactly is an MBA?
The MBA programme is a management and marketing-focused academic programme.It addresses issues such as organisational behaviour, marketing, management principles, supply chain management, and operations management, among others.Amazon, Apple, Bain & Company, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, and Accenture are a few of the top MBA recruiters. MBA graduates are frequently qualified for positions such as Finance Manager, Product Manager, Strategy Manager, Human Resources Manager, and other middle management positions. Students who successfully complete the MBA programme can anticipate annual salaries ranging from INR 8 lakh to INR 30 lakh.
MBA Admission 2022
Top MBA Specialisations
Top MBA Colleges
MBA Program Overview
MBA is a two-year degree programme that can be pursued only after graduating from high school. The table below summarises the key highlights of the MBA programme:
MBA Full Form
Master of Business Administration
Types of MBA
Full-time, part-time, distance, online, executive, and integrated MBA programmes are available.
MBA Course Fee
INR 2 lakh to INR 27 lakh and more
MBA Admission Process
Entrance Exam+ Group Discussion+ Personal Interview
Top MBA Entrance Exams
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, ATMA, IIFT, IBSAT
Top MBA Colleges
There are 5000+ colleges in India offering Full-Time MBA.Among the most popular colleges are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, XLRI, IIM Indore, and IIM Kozhikode.
Top MBA Specialisations
Sales, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, digital marketing, and business analytics are all areas of expertise.
Average Salary post MBA
Per year, INR 5 lakh to 25 lakh
Top Recruiters post MBA
Mckinsey, Bain & Company, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others.
MBA Program Highlights
- MBA is a popular course because it is open to students from all disciplines, including science, business, and humanities.
- A typical MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four or six semesters. There are, however, some private institutes that offer one-year PGDM programmes.
- MBA programmes are available in a variety of formats, including full-time, part-time, online, and distance education. Interested candidates can also find programmes tailored to their professional experience, such as Executive MBA programmes.
- Instead of an MBA, many management institutes offer a Post-Graduation Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD), or Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management. There isn’t much of a difference between the two, aside from the recognition.
- Among all education modes, the full-time MBA is the most popular. Theory classes, practical projects, student exchange programmes, summer internships, and final placements are all part of a full-time MBA programme.
- A full-time MBA is preferred by recent graduates as well as candidates with a few years of work experience. Some colleges prefer recent graduates, while others prefer candidates with a few years of work experience.
- The Executive MBA, on the other hand, is appropriate for candidates with 5 or more years of work experience because it is designed to improve their managerial and leadership skills to maintain a competitive edge on the job market.
- For candidates who want to study while working, online MBA, part-time MBA, and distance MBA programmes are ideal.
Why Do an MBA?
The most straightforward answer is to advance your career. Given that we live in a world with fierce competition in the business world and job market, one must be equipped with managerial skills and leadership qualities in order to make multiple contributions to the organisation. Knowing how to manage a business will be advantageous if you are an expert in your field.When starting a business or changing careers, an MBA degree is a valuable asset. Some of the advantages of an MBA degree include:
- Better Job Opportunities
- Increased Pay
- Creating an Industry Network
- Improve Your Management Skills
- Improve Your Leadership Skills
- Global Business and Economic Exposure
- Development of Entrepreneurial Skills
What Are the Different Types of MBA Programs?
MBA programmes are available in a variety of modes and formats. Traditionally, Full-Time MBA programmes of two years duration have been the most popular among management aspirants; however, due to flexibility, Executive MBA and Online MBA programmes have grown in popularity in recent years. Read on for some key highlights of each MBA type:
- Full-Time MBA: Full-Time MBA is a two-year regular MBA programme. It is a residential programme that includes physical classes, live projects, semester-by-semester evaluation, a summer internship, and final placements. There are about 5000 full-time MBA colleges in India. On average, tuition fees range from INR 2 lakh to INR 25 lakh.
- Part-Time MBA: This is not a residential programme and is best suited for working professionals who want to learn key managerial skills. In part-time MBA programmes, there are no opportunities for campus placement or internships. Both public and private colleges provide part-time MBA programmes. programmes. In India, there are approximately 300 Part-Time MBA colleges. The course fee ranges from INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakh. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Part-Time MBA
- MBA via distance: Distance MBA candidates complete the programme through remote communication and correspondence. Because it is inexpensive and flexible, the course is ideal for people with limited time and resources. There is an option to complete the course in two to five years.. In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges. IGNOU is the most popular. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Distance MBA
- Online MBA: Because of its convenience and flexibility, this is currently the most popular mode of MBA programme. Lectures are delivered via video conferencing in Online MBA programmes, and notes, tests, and assessments are stored in a Learning Management System (LMS). Because there are no physical classes in Online MBA, one can study in one city while living in another.There are no restrictions on attendance because the lectures are recorded and saved in the LMS.. In India, there are approximately 170 Online MBA colleges, the majority of which are private institutions. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Online MBA
- Executive MBA: This programme is designed specifically for working professionals with more than five years of experience. The curriculum is similar to that of a Full-Time MBA, but it is shorter in duration (15 to 19 months). Executive MBA programmes are expensive, and some companies offer candidate sponsorship. In India, there are approximately 440 Executive MBA Colleges. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Executive MBA
- 5 year-Integrated MBA: This is a five-year dual degree programme that includes both an undergraduate and a graduate degree. After class 12, students can pursue an integrated MBA degree. Candidates who choose management as a career early on can pursue an Integrated MBA, which is a BBA+MBA or BTech+MBA programme. Top institutes such as IIM Rohtak, IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, NMIMS, Xavier University, and Nirma University, among others, offer the Integrated MBA programme. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Integrated MBA
MBA Study Abroad
To pursue an MBA abroad, candidates must take a slightly different path than usual. For MBA abroad admission, they must take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) as well as the language proficiency tests Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Academic requirements for MBA programmes abroad are the same as for domestic programmes, with a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation or equivalent from a recognised university. Most MBA programmes abroad require three to five years of work experience.
Pursuing an MBA abroad is expensive. The total cost of the course could range between INR 80 lakh and INR 1 crore. The most popular countries for an MBA abroad are the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Germany and New Zealand.
MBA Eligibility Requirements
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for a full-time MBA:
- Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university is the basic eligibility criteria for MBA (full-time).
- Most institutes adhere to the graduation minimum score criteria of 50% in average or equivalent.
- Reserved category students must have a minimum aggregate score of 45 percent.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for MBA, provided they present proof of completion of their Graduation degree within the time frame specified by the institute.
- MBA programmes are available to professionals with CA/CS/ICWAI and other degrees
A manager is expected to lead a team of professionals, so good communication and leadership skills are essential for a successful manager. Consider the following skills when applying for an MBA/PGDM:
Full-time MBA: Required Skillset
Good communication skills
Strong mathematical skills
Eye for detail
Goal-oriented & ability to work under pressure
Admissions to MBA Programs
Admission to all B-schools is typically done through an entrance exam. The test can be of the following varieties:
- National-Level Exam administered on behalf of the other participating colleges by an apex testing body or a top national B-school.CAT, MAT, CMAT, or ATMA are a few examples.
- State-Level Exam administered by a state testing body or a top state B-school on behalf of the state’s other participating colleges. For example, MAH-CET, OJEE, KMAT, TANCET, or APICET.
- For admission to its own MBA programme, the Institute-Level Test is administered. Other B-schools may accept these scores as a qualifying criterion in some cases. XAT, NMAT, SNAP, and IBSAT are a few examples.
- A university-conducted test for admission to MBA programmes offered by colleges affiliated with it.KIITEE, LUMET, and HPU MAT are a few examples.
The qualifying exam is followed by a second level screening round conducted by the college, which typically includes WAT-GD-PI. The final decision is based on the candidate’s overall performance in academics, the entrance exam, and the WAT-GD-PI.
Which are the Best MBA Entrance Exams?
MBA admission to Tier 1 and Tier 2 B-Schools is based on the results of the entrance exam. The top MBA exams that are valid for admission to various B-schools, as well as their application deadlines for the upcoming academic session, are listed below:
MBA Exam Name
Over (last date was September 21, 2022)
CAT application form
To be announced
CMAT application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
SNAP application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
IIFT application form
Underway (last date is November 30, 2022)
XAT application form
Underway (Last date December 13, 2022)
MAT application form
Over ( last date was October 10, 2022)
NMAT application form
To be announced
ATMA application form
MBA Admissions 2022: Deadline for Applications
MBA candidates with relevant entrance test scores can apply for admission to business schools for the current academic year. Some of the most prestigious private business schools are now accepting applications for their MBA/PGDM programmes. The table below displays the application status of some of India’s most prestigious MBA programmes.
Exam Score Accepted
Application status MBA/PGDM 2022 batch
International Management Institute, Kolkata
CAT, XAT, GMAT
International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
FMS Delhi University
IIFT Entrance Exam
Great Lakes Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT
Symbiosis International University (Deemed)
Vijay Patil School of Management
CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, AIET
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, KIITEE MBA
Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
CAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, SNAP, KMAT, MAT, CMAT, IBSAT, ALLIANCE-AMAT
Crescent School of Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, TANCET and CSBAT
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT
Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
JK Business School
CAT, MAT, CMAT
ITM Business School
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAH-CET
Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute Of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA
Thiagarajar School of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, ATMA
Jaipuria Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA
Fortune Institute of International Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT
EMPI Business School
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA
Lloyd Business School Noida
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, MAH-CET, GMAT
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MAT
Indian School of Business (ISB)
IFMR – Sri City Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR GSB)
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, GRE
Examine the Top MBA Colleges
In terms of acceptance, the CAT and CMAT are India’s two most important MBA entrance exams. The results of these two exams are accepted by over 1000 business schools in India. Over 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT and ATMA exam scores. Check out the table below for the top MBA colleges based on entrance exam:
MBA Colleges by Exam
Colleges Accepting CAT
Colleges Accepting ATMA
Colleges Accepting MAT
Colleges Accepting GMAT
Colleges Accepting XAT
Colleges Accepting MAHCET
Colleges Accepting CMAT
Colleges Accepting TANCET MBA
Colleges Accepting NMAT by GMAC
Colleges Accepting OJEE
What is the MBA Curriculum?
MBA students are exposed to a wide range of subjects. Students in a two-year MBA programme begin with core curriculum such as Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, and Management Principles, to name a few. They are exposed to subjects such as Entrepreneurship and Business Law in their second year. MBA colleges classify these subjects as core and electives, and students can choose between the electives. Some of the subjects covered in the MBA programme are as follows:
- Human resource administration
- Business strategy
- Finance administration
- Management principles
- Business regulations
- Communication abilities
- Communication in Business
- Computer Software
- Taxation of organisational behaviour
- Retail administration
- Economics Business Environment Project Work
Semester-by-Semester MBA Syllabus
The standard MBA programme is divided into four to six semesters over the course of two years. The MBA subjects for each semester are listed below:
MBA Syllabus Semester I
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
MBA Syllabus Semester II
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Economic Environment of Business
Management of Information System
MBA Syllabus Semester III
Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
MBA Syllabus Semester IV
International Business Environment
What are the Top MBA Specializations?
Aside from the standard MBA programme, candidates can pursue an MBA with a specialisation in a specific field. Candidates have a variety of MBA specialisation options in India. Every candidate should choose a branch or specialisation in their MBA programme because it better prepares them for specific domains such as Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Sales, and Marketing, to name a few. The following are the most popular MBA specialisations:
List of MBA specialisations
Agriculture & Food Business
Oil & Gas
Energy & Environment
Import & Export
IT & Systems
Healthcare & Hospital
Transport & Logistics
What are the best MBA programmes in India?
In India, there are approximately 5,000 MBA colleges. One can select an MBA college based on their interest in a specific MBA specialisation, location, fees, infrastructure, placements, and entrance exam scores. Most top-ranked and Tier-1 MBA programmes are difficult to get into due to their stringent admissions criteria. They select the best of the best, so passing the CAT or GMAT with high marks is essential.
Admission to a Tier-2 or Tier-3 MBA programme, on the other hand, is much easier. Their admission cut-offs are lower than those of the IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR, FMS, IMT, and other prestigious institutions. Check out the top MBA colleges by location and entrance exams in the section below:
View the Top MBA Schools by Location
Although Pune and Bangalore are considered MBA education hubs, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Delhi also have some of the top ranked B-Schools. Check out the tables below for the best MBA schools by location.
What are the best MBA programmes in Mumbai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Mumbai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai
SIMSREE – Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Management Research
ICFAI Business School Mumbai
VIT Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
SIES College of Management Studies
What are the best MBA programmes in Delhi?
The top ten MBA colleges in Delhi are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi-NCR
FMS, Delhi University
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
BIMTECH Greater Noida
BML Munjal University School of Management
Amity University, Noida
Fore School of Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Bangalore?
The top ten MBA colleges in Bangalore are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore
ISBR Business School
Regional College of Management
Indian Institute of Plantation Management
Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology (AIT), Bangalore
What are the best MBA programmes in Pune?
The top ten MBA colleges in Pune are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Pune
Dept of Mgt Sciences, Pune University
National Institute of Bank Management
National Insurance Academy
Indira Institute of Management IIMP
Pune Institute of Business Management
Symbiosis Institute of Digital & Telecom Management
Singhad Institute of Management
Symbiosis Centre For Information Technology
Balaji Institute of Modern Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Chennai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Chennai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
SSN School of Management
Loyola Institute of Technology
University of Madras
MOP Vaishnav College for Women
SRM School of Management
SRM Easwari Engineering College
School of Management DG Vaishnav College
What are the best MBA programmes in Kolkata?
The following are the top ten MBA colleges in Kolkata.. For the complete list
Top MBA colleges in Kolkata
St Xavier’s University
Institute of Engineering & Management
Praxis Business Schools
United world School of Business
Globsyn Business School
What are the best MBA programmes in Hyderabad?
Given below is the list of top 10 MBA colleges in Hyderabad. For a complete list, see
MBA colleges in Hyderabad
ICFAI Business School
Institute of Public Entreprise
Badruka College Post Graduate Centre
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
NMIMS University, Hyderabad
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
Institute of Management Technology
Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Ahmedabad?
The top ten MBA colleges in Ahmedabad are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad
Institute of Management Nirma University
Amrut Mody School of Management
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies
BK School of Business Management
Narayana Business School
Shanti Business School
ICFAI Business School, Sarkhej
LJ Institute of Management Studies
MBA Job Roles and Salary Information
An MBA degree holder is qualified for positions such as team leader and department manager. A manager’s job description includes planning, strategizing, and executing projects, leading a team, liaising with clients, coordinating with other departments, delegating work and responsibilities, and reporting to higher authorities on projects completed. The following are some of the most popular job options after an MBA, along with their corresponding salaries:
Average salary (INR)
Human Resources Manager
Data Analytics Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Advertising Sales Manager
Transport & Logistics Manager
International Business Manager
Energy & Environment Manager
Import & Export Manager
IT & Systems Manager
Healthcare & Hospital Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Public Policy Manager
Top MBA Colleges in India for Job Opportunities
The top 30 MBA colleges in India according to the MHRD-NIRF rankings for 2021 are listed below. Also included are the average CTCs offered during the most recent campus placements.
MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2021
Average CTC 2021 (INR)
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Rs 21.08 LPA
Rs 5 LPA
MBA Scope: Top Companies and Recruiters
In today’s job market, the scope of an MBA is vast. MBA graduates are in high demand across all industries and domains. Most MBA institutes offer campus placement to their students upon completion of the full-time MBA programme to ensure a smooth start to their career.
MBA degree holders are employed in a variety of capacities by all organisations, large and small, private and public. The following are a few of the top companies that hire MBA graduates through campus placements:
MBA Scope: Top Companies
Larsen & Tubro
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
McKinsey & Company
Aditya Birla Group
MBA Course Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What exactly is an MBA?
A: An MBA is a two-year postgraduate degree programme in business administration and management. The course provides knowledge and training for running a business successfully. Organizational behaviour, finance management, marketing management, operations management, human resource management, business communication, and other topics are covered.
Q: What is the full form of MBA?
A: MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The course originated in the United States around a century ago and arrived in India in the 1950s. The Indian Institute of Social Welfare And Business Management, or IISWBM, is India’s oldest MBA college. It was founded in 1953.
Q: What is the distinction between an MBA and a PGDM?
A: A degree is awarded to students who complete the MBA programme, while a diploma is awarded to students who complete the PGDM programme. However, the skills and training provided by a degree and a diploma are identical.
Q: What is the best MBA programme?
A: All MBA courses or specialisations provide excellent opportunities for students interested in business management. However, the best MBA programme is entirely dependent on the candidates and their interests.MBA programmes in Sales and Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology are among the best in India.
Q: What are the best MBA programmes in India?
A: The IIMs of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta are among the best MBA programmes in India. Apart from these three, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, IMT Ghaziabad, JBMIS, NMIMS, IBS Hyderabad, GIM Goa, GLIM, and others are available. Click here for a list of all top MBA colleges in India.
Q: What are the MBA eligibility requirements?
A: The graduation requirement is the MBA eligibility criteria. Many colleges, however, require minimum aggregate marks in Graduation (50 percent for general candidates and 45 percent for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent from a recognised university.
Q: How do I get into an MBA programme?
A: The MBA application process consists of an entrance exam, a group discussion, and a personal interview. Many colleges only admit students based on their graduation grade. To be admitted to an MBA programme, candidates must fill out an application form and go through the admissions process.
Q: Do I have to take an entrance exam for MBA admission?
A: The majority of Tier-1 and Tier-2 MBA institutes in India accept candidates based on their MBA entrance exam scores. So, if you want to pursue an MBA from a reputable MBA college, you must take an entrance exam.
Q: How long is the MBA programme?
A: The MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. This course includes a summer internship after the first year. Candidates are given the opportunity to participate in the placements process in their final year to begin their career.
Q: I have a Bachelor of Arts. Which MBA concentration is right for me?
A: Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality, Advertising & PR, Entrepreneurship, and General MBA are the best MBA specialisations for Bachelor of Arts degree holders.
Q: Can I get an MBA by correspondence?
A: Yes, many universities, including IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Osmania University, offer correspondence MBA programmes (distance education mode). Many private universities also offer online MBA programmes that you can enrol in.
Q: Will I get a good job after finishing my MBA programme?
A: Yes, most MBA programmes offer students job placement at the end of the programme. Check to see if the college you want to attend has a placement cell to ensure you get a job. Check out its placement reports to find out which companies participate in campus placement.
Top MBA Specialization in India
In the first week of January 2023, the XAT test will be administered. The exam is typically given on the first Sunday in January, but in 2023 the first Sunday will be New Year’s Day; as a result, the XAT might be given on the Sunday after. XLRI Jamshedpur will formally announce the XAT Exam Date in the final week of July. Beginning in the first week of August, registration for the XAT exam 2023 will open.
Essay Writing was reinstated in the XAT 2022 exam. It was included as a part in the paper’s Part 2. However, when calculating the score and percentile, the essay writing score was not taken into account.
When candidates were shortlisted for the Personal Interview (PI) round, it was examined.
XAT Exam Date & (Everything You need to know)
The XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test), a national-level management entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM programs, is administered by XLRI, Jamshedpur. Over 1,000 B-schools accept XAT scores for admission to their post-graduate management programmes, in addition to XLRI and 10 other XAMI member institutes. 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) covering Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge-make up the XAT question paper. The typical XAT cutoffs for male candidates for the XLRI PGDM-BM programme are 95 percentile and 92 percentile, respectively. The XAT 2023 exam will possibly be held on January 8..
You Can Also Check
XAT Exam 2023 (important Dates)
Most likely in the final week of July, XLRI Jamshedpur will reveal the XAT 2023 timetable. See below for potential XAT exam dates and events
|Events||Exam Dates||Important Details|
|Admit card for XAT begins to download||Last week of
|Release of the XAT website’s
downloadable admit card
|End of registrations||First week of
|Forms may be submitted up to
the deadline, 11:59 p.m.
|Mock test release||Last week of
|On the exam website, candidates can
take official XAT sample exams.
|XAT 2023 results are released.||Third week of
|Scorecards for the XAT will be made
available for download on the official website.
|XAT answer key 2023 release||First week of
|Release of candidate response
form and solution key
|XAT cutoff announcement for 2023||Last week of
|The official website will publish the
XAT cutoffs for the BM and HRM
programs for the GD/PI shortlisting.
|XAT exam 2023||First week of
|Exam to be conducted in 72 cities
using a Computer Based Test (CBT)
in a single session
|XAT registrations start in 2023.||Augusts’ first
week in 2022
|Online registration will begin
on the XAT website.
You Can Also Check
XAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates who intend to apply for the XAT must fulfil the qualifications outlined below by the XLRI.
- Indian citizens may apply for the XAT 2023. Foreign nationals may also submit an application for admission using their GMAT results.
- Graduation: A three-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or its equivalent, in any discipline, is required.
- No minimum graduation aggregate mark requirement exists in order to apply for the XAT 2023 exam.
- Age: There is no maximum age requirement to take the XAT 2023.
- Graduate students: Students in their final year are also eligible to apply as long as they graduate by June 2022 and submit their exam results to the appropriate universities.
- A student may attempt the exam as many times as they like without being charged.
XAT 2023 Exam Highlights
A three-hour MCQ-based exam. See the table below to learn about the major highlights of the CMAT 2023 exam:
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 10 minutes|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,800 (all categories)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||18002674008|
|Exam Pattern||100 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to 1,000+ MBA colleges|
|Exam Syllabus||Decision Making Verbal & Logical Ability
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
General Knowledge Essay Writing
|No. of Test Cities||72 (in 2023)|
|No. of test takers||Nearly 95,000|
|XAT Full Form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
Top 15 Online/Distance MBA Colleges in India 2023
XAT 2023 Syllabus
|XAT Decision Making (DM) Syllabus||Business Decisions, Analytical Reasoning,
Ethical Dilemma, Situational Conditions, Grouping Test,
Data Arrangement Test, Decision Making in a situation
|XAT Essay Writing||A short essay of 250 words on any topic- current affairs, social
& economic issues, abstract, science & technology, business
& management-oriented topics, etc.
|XAT GK Syllabus||Politics, economics, history, geography, sports, business,
national & international affairs, states, etc. are examples
of static GK and current affairs.
|XAT QA-DI Syllabus||Number System, Work & Time, Probability, Geometry, Mensuration,
Permutation & Combination, Percentage & Ratios, Mixtures &
Alligation, Algebra, Profit and Loss, Speed & Distance,
Quadratic Equations, Logarithm, Surds & Indices, Statistics,
Trigonometry, DI Graphs, Tables & Charts.
|XAT Verbal & Logical Ability Syllabus||Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Para Completion,
Vocabulary, Grammar, Error Detection, Sentence Completion,
Synonyms & Antonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Odd One Out, etc.
XAT Exam 2023 (Exam Pattern and Test Structure)
The XAT exam is given online, and there are 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that must be answered in 180 minutes. The XAT exam pattern, however, was altered in 2023. The time allotment for essay writing was raised by ten minutes. The XAT exam has a sectional time limit. Therefore, applicants are recommended to keep up a good pace in all four sections so they can finish the paper within the allotted time. Each successful effort receives one mark, while each unsuccessful attempt receives -0.25 marks. The features of the XAT exam format are as follows:
|XAT Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Essay||1||(To be evaluated upon
|Quantitative Ability &
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
- Exam format: The XAT is administered in an online computer-based test (CBT) format at test sites spread across more than 70 major Indian cities.
- The sole language used to administer the XAT exam is English.
- Exam XAT 190 minutes (3 hours 10 minutes), of which 165 minutes are devoted to Part 1 and 25 minutes to Part 2.
- There are 100 multiple-choice questions and 1 essay question.
- 5 portions total, each separated into two pieces. Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, and Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation are the three sections that make up Part 1. Essay writing and General Knowledge are the two portions of Part 2.
- The XAT scoring system gives one mark for each correct response and subtracts 0.25 points for each incorrect response.
XAT Registration Process 2023
The first step to taking the exam is to register for the XAT. To sign up for the test, applicants must complete the online XAT application form and pay the necessary costs. Below is a quick description of the XAT 2023 registration and application process:
- XAT 2023’s website can be accessed at xatonline.in.
- Click “New Registration” and fill out the required fields.
- The candidate receives an exclusive XAT ID and a registration link via their confirmed email address.
- Click the link to confirm your registration.
- Click “login” on the XAT 2023 homepage.
- To access the application form, enter your email address and password.
- Fill out every field on the XAT 2023 application form that is necessary.
- Verify the information once more before pressing the submit button.
- Application fee for XAT 2023 can be paid using a credit/debit card, UPI, or online banking.
Up to four cities may be chosen by candidates on the XAT application form. Depending on availability, the exam organization will assign an exam center to a candidate in the city they chose as their first option. The allocation will be made in the city of the next choice if a seat is not available at the test facility in the first city.
XAT Admit Card 2023
The procedure of downloading the XAT admission card for 2023 will begin in the third week of December. The exam website will host the online release of the admission cards. Check out the instructions for downloading the XAT 2023 admit card, which must be brought to the testing location:
- Check out the XAT 2023 webpage.
- Press the “Download admit card” button.
- After providing information such as your XAT User ID and birthdate, click “login.”
- Simply select the “admit card” tab, download the PDF, and print it off.
XAT Answer Key 2023
Within two to three days of the exam, the preliminary XAT answer key will be made available in the form of a response sheet. The final answer key will be made public by the second week of January, following an analysis of all student complaints. Using their login ID and password, candidates can access their XAT 2023 response sheets and answer key on the exam website.
XAT Result Announcement
The third week of January 2023 will see the release of the XAT results. The official XAT and XLRI websites will be where candidates can download their scorecards. An overview of the XAT result download procedure is provided below:
- Go to xatonline.in to access the XAT ONLINE website
- Activate the tab labelled “XAT 2023 scorecard.”
- After entering your XAT User ID and birthdate, click “login.”
- Save a copy of the XAT result cum scorecard as a PDF by downloading it.
XAT Exam 2023 (Expected Cut Off)
After the XAT 2023 result is announced, XAT participating institutes will publish admission cut offs to narrow down candidates for GD/PI. Look at some of the top XAT institutions’ predicted cutoff scores and percentiles:
|XAT colleges||XAT cut off score||XAT cut off percentile|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||26-27.5||80-85|
XLRI Selection Process Through XAT 2023
Three steps are involved in XAT admission to XLRI, Jamshedpur: candidate shortlisting, group discussion and personal interview, and final selection.
Candidate shortlisting in Step 1
Based on their performance in the exam, candidates will be chosen for a group discussion and personal interview at XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Step 2: Personal interview
By the end of January, XLRI, Jamshedpur will release the schedule for the group discussion and individual interview with the chosen candidates. The admission process will take place in a number of places, and candidates must confirm their interview city on the official XLRI website within the allotted window of time.
Step 3: Making a decision
For the purpose of creating the final merit list, each applicant will be assessed based on their XAT 2023 score, GD/PI performance, academic background, and other factors. Selected applicants will get calls to finish the admission requirements.
Procedure for choosing other institutions that accept XAT scores
For admission to their MBA/PGDM programmes, institutions that accept the XAT score have their own application and admissions procedures. While some institutions open their registration period well in advance of the XAT exam, others begin the registration procedure following the release of the XAT results.
Top MBA Specialization in India 2023
Best Colleges Accepting XAT 2023 Scores
In addition to XLRI, Jamshedpur, 11 members of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) and more than 1,000 additional MBA programmes throughout India recognise the XAT score. The chart of some of the well-known business schools that accept XAT scores for admission is provided below:
|XAT Score Accepting B-Schools|
|K J Somaiya Institute
School of Business
|FORE School of
|Institute of Management
|Institute of Rural
|Goa Institute of
|Great Lakes Institute of Management|
|St. Joseph’s Institute of Management||St.Aloysius Institute of
Management and Information Technology
|Xavier Business School
(XBS), St.Xavier’s University,
|Xavier Institute of
Development Action and
|Xavier Institute of
|Xavier Institute of
Management, Xavier University
|Xavier Institute of
|Xavier Institute of
Management & Research
|XLRI Xavier School
|Loyola Institute of
|St. Francis Institute of
How To prepare for XAT Exam 2023?
Ideally, six to nine months should be allotted for XAT preparation in 2023. Given its reputation as one of the more difficult MBA entrance examinations, the XAT necessitates concentrated time and effort. Decision Making, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge make up its four components.
Since sectional cut-offs are a significant factor in XLRI and Jamshedpur selection, it is crucial to give all four XAT sections comparable attention. Therefore, distribute your study time equally across these areas. Getting conceptual clarity in each subject should come first. You might choose to start by researching subjects you are already familiar with. Make a list of your advantages and disadvantages, and start with your advantages. You’ll feel more confident tackling challenging subjects as a result. The following are some essential pointers for creating a XAT 2023 exam preparation plan:
- On websites like Facebook, YouTube, Telegram, and WhatsApp, join study groups.
- Obtain XAT books and other study materials. These are offered at coaching facilities and online.
- Start with subjects you are already familiar with and have a solid grasp of.
- Always solve two to three problems based on a topic or concept after finishing it to see if you fully grasped it.
- Prioritize finishing the XAT coursework before tackling the mock examinations. For the greatest results, practise taking at least 25 to 30 mock exams.
Question: When will XLRI publish the official XAT 2023 exam notification?
Answer: On August 8, XLRI made the formal announcement for the XAT 2023. XATonline.in is the official XAT 2023 website. According to the most recent notification, the XAT 2023 exam will be held on January 8, 2023.
Question: Is the XAT exam harder than the CAT?
Answer: Yes, XAT is more difficult than CAT. According to both students and professionals, the questions in the XAT Quant, DI, and Verbal Ability sections are more challenging than those in the CAT. The two areas of the XAT that are not on the CAT syllabus—GK and Decision Making—additionally increase the test’s complexity.
Question: How many applicants take the XAT exam annually?
Answer: Every year, approximately 75000–8000 applicants take the XAT exam. A little over 90000 applicants took the test in 2022 because the pandemic prevented many from taking it in 2021. However, between 2021 and 2019 only around 80000 students actually took the exam.
Question: Does XLRI provide MBA programmes in addition to its PGDM degrees? Are the XLRI PGDM programmes on par with MBA programmes?
Answer: No, MBA programmes are not available at XLRI. It only provides PGDM programmes in Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management, both of which are 2 years long and authorised by the AICTE (HRM). However, the AIU properly recognises these as MBA-equivalent credentials. In addition to this, XLRI now provides a full-time, 15-month PGDM (General Management) programme.
Question: What is the application fee for the XAT 2023?
Answer: The XAT application cost has gone up from 1800 to 2000 rupees (+200 for each XLRI programme). Additionally, the XAT application fee is the same for all applicants, regardless of gender, caste, or category.
Question: Is there any sectional time limit in XAT exam?
Answer: There are 101 questions total on the XAT Question Paper, divided into 2 halves. There are 165 minutes allotted for the three components of Part 1 (each with 75 questions): Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability, and QADI. These 3 sections of Part 1 are not separated in time. Part 2’s GK and Essay Writing parts each have a 25-minute time limit.
Question: Will IIMs accept XAT 2023 scores?
Answer: No, the IIMs won’t admit students based on their performance on the XAT 2023 exam. Only CAT scores will be accepted for admission to IIMs. However, other top management institutions in the nation, such as XLRI Jamshedpur, XLRI Delhi, XIM Bangalore, SPJIMR Mumbai, GIM Goa, KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, XIME Bangalore, TAPMI Manipal, XISS Ranchi, etc., would accept the XAT 2023 score.
Question: Is there a limit on how many times you can take the XAT?
Answer: No, there is no cap on how many times you can take the XAT exam. The XAT is given once a year. Therefore, candidates may take the XAT each year if they meet the other minimal requirements for eligibility listed in the article above.
Question: Do XLRI’s XAT cutoffs differ for its BM and HRM programmes?
Answer: The XLRI programmes, BM and HRM, do affect the XAT cut off. Additionally, there are distinctions in these programmes’ cutoffs for men and women, engineers and non-engineers. Depending on the aforementioned applicant categories, the cut off for XLRI programmes often ranges between 91 and 95.
Question: What is the sectional cut offs for XLRI admission through XAT?
Answer: XLRI does indeed publish sectional XAT cutoffs. Along with meeting the overall cutoff, candidates must get the required minimum scores in each of the parts. Candidates are not eligible for admission to the XLRI’s PGDM-BM/HRM programmes if they do not meet the sectional XAT cut offs.
Question: Which 12 XAMI Member Institutions accept the XAT for admission?
Answer: The 12 XAT Associate XAMI Member Institutes that accept XAT score for admission are tabulated below for your reference:
XAT Associate XAMI Member Institutes
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago
St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR)
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management
St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology
Xavier Business School (XBS), St.Xavier’s University ,Kolkata
Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University
Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
Xavier Institute of Management & Research
Xavier Institute of Development Action and Sciences (XIDAS)
XLRI Xavier School of Management
Xavier Institute of Social Service