#Decision Right Career Bright
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate programmes in India and around the world. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The majority of managerial level positions across industries and domains call for an MBA, which is why many BTech, BBA, BCom, BA, BSc, and BCA graduates now pursue. an MBA after graduation.
MBA admission is based on MBA entrance exams, which are followed by a round of personality assessments (Group Discussion or GD, Written Ability Test or WAT and Personal Interview or PI). In order to pursue an MBA programme, students must typically have at least a 50% average in their undergraduate degree from any discipline. The most common MBA entrance exams are the CAT, GMAT, and XAT as well as others. Some of the top MBA colleges in India that accept admission through these exams are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, XLRI, and ISB. The MBA fee generally ranges between INR 10-25 lakh depending on the college, but there are some very popular top colleges where the course fee is much lower than FMS Delhi and JBIMS Mumbai, for example, charge INR 10 lakh.
What exactly is an MBA?
The MBA programme is a management and marketing-focused academic programme.It addresses issues such as organisational behaviour, marketing, management principles, supply chain management, and operations management, among others.Amazon, Apple, Bain & Company, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, and Accenture are a few of the top MBA recruiters. MBA graduates are frequently qualified for positions such as Finance Manager, Product Manager, Strategy Manager, Human Resources Manager, and other middle management positions. Students who successfully complete the MBA programme can anticipate annual salaries ranging from INR 8 lakh to INR 30 lakh.
MBA Admission 2022
Top MBA Specialisations
Top MBA Colleges
MBA Program Overview
MBA is a two-year degree programme that can be pursued only after graduating from high school. The table below summarises the key highlights of the MBA programme:
MBA Full Form
Master of Business Administration
Types of MBA
Full-time, part-time, distance, online, executive, and integrated MBA programmes are available.
MBA Course Fee
INR 2 lakh to INR 27 lakh and more
MBA Admission Process
Entrance Exam+ Group Discussion+ Personal Interview
Top MBA Entrance Exams
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, ATMA, IIFT, IBSAT
Top MBA Colleges
There are 5000+ colleges in India offering Full-Time MBA.Among the most popular colleges are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, XLRI, IIM Indore, and IIM Kozhikode.
Top MBA Specialisations
Sales, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, digital marketing, and business analytics are all areas of expertise.
Average Salary post MBA
Per year, INR 5 lakh to 25 lakh
Top Recruiters post MBA
Mckinsey, Bain & Company, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others.
MBA Program Highlights
- MBA is a popular course because it is open to students from all disciplines, including science, business, and humanities.
- A typical MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four or six semesters. There are, however, some private institutes that offer one-year PGDM programmes.
- MBA programmes are available in a variety of formats, including full-time, part-time, online, and distance education. Interested candidates can also find programmes tailored to their professional experience, such as Executive MBA programmes.
- Instead of an MBA, many management institutes offer a Post-Graduation Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD), or Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management. There isn’t much of a difference between the two, aside from the recognition.
- Among all education modes, the full-time MBA is the most popular. Theory classes, practical projects, student exchange programmes, summer internships, and final placements are all part of a full-time MBA programme.
- A full-time MBA is preferred by recent graduates as well as candidates with a few years of work experience. Some colleges prefer recent graduates, while others prefer candidates with a few years of work experience.
- The Executive MBA, on the other hand, is appropriate for candidates with 5 or more years of work experience because it is designed to improve their managerial and leadership skills to maintain a competitive edge on the job market.
- For candidates who want to study while working, online MBA, part-time MBA, and distance MBA programmes are ideal.
Why Do an MBA?
The most straightforward answer is to advance your career. Given that we live in a world with fierce competition in the business world and job market, one must be equipped with managerial skills and leadership qualities in order to make multiple contributions to the organisation. Knowing how to manage a business will be advantageous if you are an expert in your field.When starting a business or changing careers, an MBA degree is a valuable asset. Some of the advantages of an MBA degree include:
- Better Job Opportunities
- Increased Pay
- Creating an Industry Network
- Improve Your Management Skills
- Improve Your Leadership Skills
- Global Business and Economic Exposure
- Development of Entrepreneurial Skills
What Are the Different Types of MBA Programs?
MBA programmes are available in a variety of modes and formats. Traditionally, Full-Time MBA programmes of two years duration have been the most popular among management aspirants; however, due to flexibility, Executive MBA and Online MBA programmes have grown in popularity in recent years. Read on for some key highlights of each MBA type:
- Full-Time MBA: Full-Time MBA is a two-year regular MBA programme. It is a residential programme that includes physical classes, live projects, semester-by-semester evaluation, a summer internship, and final placements. There are about 5000 full-time MBA colleges in India. On average, tuition fees range from INR 2 lakh to INR 25 lakh.
- Part-Time MBA: This is not a residential programme and is best suited for working professionals who want to learn key managerial skills. In part-time MBA programmes, there are no opportunities for campus placement or internships. Both public and private colleges provide part-time MBA programmes. programmes. In India, there are approximately 300 Part-Time MBA colleges. The course fee ranges from INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakh. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Part-Time MBA
- MBA via distance: Distance MBA candidates complete the programme through remote communication and correspondence. Because it is inexpensive and flexible, the course is ideal for people with limited time and resources. There is an option to complete the course in two to five years.. In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges. IGNOU is the most popular. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Distance MBA
- Online MBA: Because of its convenience and flexibility, this is currently the most popular mode of MBA programme. Lectures are delivered via video conferencing in Online MBA programmes, and notes, tests, and assessments are stored in a Learning Management System (LMS). Because there are no physical classes in Online MBA, one can study in one city while living in another.There are no restrictions on attendance because the lectures are recorded and saved in the LMS.. In India, there are approximately 170 Online MBA colleges, the majority of which are private institutions. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Online MBA
- Executive MBA: This programme is designed specifically for working professionals with more than five years of experience. The curriculum is similar to that of a Full-Time MBA, but it is shorter in duration (15 to 19 months). Executive MBA programmes are expensive, and some companies offer candidate sponsorship. In India, there are approximately 440 Executive MBA Colleges. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Executive MBA
- 5 year-Integrated MBA: This is a five-year dual degree programme that includes both an undergraduate and a graduate degree. After class 12, students can pursue an integrated MBA degree. Candidates who choose management as a career early on can pursue an Integrated MBA, which is a BBA+MBA or BTech+MBA programme. Top institutes such as IIM Rohtak, IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, NMIMS, Xavier University, and Nirma University, among others, offer the Integrated MBA programme. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Integrated MBA
MBA Study Abroad
To pursue an MBA abroad, candidates must take a slightly different path than usual. For MBA abroad admission, they must take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) as well as the language proficiency tests Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Academic requirements for MBA programmes abroad are the same as for domestic programmes, with a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation or equivalent from a recognised university. Most MBA programmes abroad require three to five years of work experience.
Pursuing an MBA abroad is expensive. The total cost of the course could range between INR 80 lakh and INR 1 crore. The most popular countries for an MBA abroad are the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Germany and New Zealand.
MBA Eligibility Requirements
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for a full-time MBA:
- Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university is the basic eligibility criteria for MBA (full-time).
- Most institutes adhere to the graduation minimum score criteria of 50% in average or equivalent.
- Reserved category students must have a minimum aggregate score of 45 percent.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for MBA, provided they present proof of completion of their Graduation degree within the time frame specified by the institute.
- MBA programmes are available to professionals with CA/CS/ICWAI and other degrees
A manager is expected to lead a team of professionals, so good communication and leadership skills are essential for a successful manager. Consider the following skills when applying for an MBA/PGDM:
Full-time MBA: Required Skillset
Good communication skills
Strong mathematical skills
Eye for detail
Goal-oriented & ability to work under pressure
Admissions to MBA Programs
Admission to all B-schools is typically done through an entrance exam. The test can be of the following varieties:
- National-Level Exam administered on behalf of the other participating colleges by an apex testing body or a top national B-school.CAT, MAT, CMAT, or ATMA are a few examples.
- State-Level Exam administered by a state testing body or a top state B-school on behalf of the state’s other participating colleges. For example, MAH-CET, OJEE, KMAT, TANCET, or APICET.
- For admission to its own MBA programme, the Institute-Level Test is administered. Other B-schools may accept these scores as a qualifying criterion in some cases. XAT, NMAT, SNAP, and IBSAT are a few examples.
- A university-conducted test for admission to MBA programmes offered by colleges affiliated with it.KIITEE, LUMET, and HPU MAT are a few examples.
The qualifying exam is followed by a second level screening round conducted by the college, which typically includes WAT-GD-PI. The final decision is based on the candidate’s overall performance in academics, the entrance exam, and the WAT-GD-PI.
Which are the Best MBA Entrance Exams?
MBA admission to Tier 1 and Tier 2 B-Schools is based on the results of the entrance exam. The top MBA exams that are valid for admission to various B-schools, as well as their application deadlines for the upcoming academic session, are listed below:
MBA Exam Name
Over (last date was September 21, 2022)
CAT application form
To be announced
CMAT application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
SNAP application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
IIFT application form
Underway (last date is November 30, 2022)
XAT application form
Underway (Last date December 13, 2022)
MAT application form
Over ( last date was October 10, 2022)
NMAT application form
To be announced
ATMA application form
MBA Admissions 2022: Deadline for Applications
MBA candidates with relevant entrance test scores can apply for admission to business schools for the current academic year. Some of the most prestigious private business schools are now accepting applications for their MBA/PGDM programmes. The table below displays the application status of some of India’s most prestigious MBA programmes.
Exam Score Accepted
Application status MBA/PGDM 2022 batch
International Management Institute, Kolkata
CAT, XAT, GMAT
International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
FMS Delhi University
IIFT Entrance Exam
Great Lakes Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT
Symbiosis International University (Deemed)
Vijay Patil School of Management
CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, AIET
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, KIITEE MBA
Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
CAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, SNAP, KMAT, MAT, CMAT, IBSAT, ALLIANCE-AMAT
Crescent School of Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, TANCET and CSBAT
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT
Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
JK Business School
CAT, MAT, CMAT
ITM Business School
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAH-CET
Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute Of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA
Thiagarajar School of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, ATMA
Jaipuria Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA
Fortune Institute of International Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT
EMPI Business School
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA
Lloyd Business School Noida
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, MAH-CET, GMAT
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MAT
Indian School of Business (ISB)
IFMR – Sri City Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR GSB)
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, GRE
Examine the Top MBA Colleges
In terms of acceptance, the CAT and CMAT are India’s two most important MBA entrance exams. The results of these two exams are accepted by over 1000 business schools in India. Over 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT and ATMA exam scores. Check out the table below for the top MBA colleges based on entrance exam:
MBA Colleges by Exam
Colleges Accepting CAT
Colleges Accepting ATMA
Colleges Accepting MAT
Colleges Accepting GMAT
Colleges Accepting XAT
Colleges Accepting MAHCET
Colleges Accepting CMAT
Colleges Accepting TANCET MBA
Colleges Accepting NMAT by GMAC
Colleges Accepting OJEE
What is the MBA Curriculum?
MBA students are exposed to a wide range of subjects. Students in a two-year MBA programme begin with core curriculum such as Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, and Management Principles, to name a few. They are exposed to subjects such as Entrepreneurship and Business Law in their second year. MBA colleges classify these subjects as core and electives, and students can choose between the electives. Some of the subjects covered in the MBA programme are as follows:
- Human resource administration
- Business strategy
- Finance administration
- Management principles
- Business regulations
- Communication abilities
- Communication in Business
- Computer Software
- Taxation of organisational behaviour
- Retail administration
- Economics Business Environment Project Work
Semester-by-Semester MBA Syllabus
The standard MBA programme is divided into four to six semesters over the course of two years. The MBA subjects for each semester are listed below:
MBA Syllabus Semester I
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
MBA Syllabus Semester II
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Economic Environment of Business
Management of Information System
MBA Syllabus Semester III
Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
MBA Syllabus Semester IV
International Business Environment
What are the Top MBA Specializations?
Aside from the standard MBA programme, candidates can pursue an MBA with a specialisation in a specific field. Candidates have a variety of MBA specialisation options in India. Every candidate should choose a branch or specialisation in their MBA programme because it better prepares them for specific domains such as Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Sales, and Marketing, to name a few. The following are the most popular MBA specialisations:
List of MBA specialisations
Agriculture & Food Business
Oil & Gas
Energy & Environment
Import & Export
IT & Systems
Healthcare & Hospital
Transport & Logistics
What are the best MBA programmes in India?
In India, there are approximately 5,000 MBA colleges. One can select an MBA college based on their interest in a specific MBA specialisation, location, fees, infrastructure, placements, and entrance exam scores. Most top-ranked and Tier-1 MBA programmes are difficult to get into due to their stringent admissions criteria. They select the best of the best, so passing the CAT or GMAT with high marks is essential.
Admission to a Tier-2 or Tier-3 MBA programme, on the other hand, is much easier. Their admission cut-offs are lower than those of the IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR, FMS, IMT, and other prestigious institutions. Check out the top MBA colleges by location and entrance exams in the section below:
View the Top MBA Schools by Location
Although Pune and Bangalore are considered MBA education hubs, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Delhi also have some of the top ranked B-Schools. Check out the tables below for the best MBA schools by location.
What are the best MBA programmes in Mumbai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Mumbai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai
SIMSREE – Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Management Research
ICFAI Business School Mumbai
VIT Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
SIES College of Management Studies
What are the best MBA programmes in Delhi?
The top ten MBA colleges in Delhi are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi-NCR
FMS, Delhi University
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
BIMTECH Greater Noida
BML Munjal University School of Management
Amity University, Noida
Fore School of Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Bangalore?
The top ten MBA colleges in Bangalore are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore
ISBR Business School
Regional College of Management
Indian Institute of Plantation Management
Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology (AIT), Bangalore
What are the best MBA programmes in Pune?
The top ten MBA colleges in Pune are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Pune
Dept of Mgt Sciences, Pune University
National Institute of Bank Management
National Insurance Academy
Indira Institute of Management IIMP
Pune Institute of Business Management
Symbiosis Institute of Digital & Telecom Management
Singhad Institute of Management
Symbiosis Centre For Information Technology
Balaji Institute of Modern Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Chennai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Chennai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
SSN School of Management
Loyola Institute of Technology
University of Madras
MOP Vaishnav College for Women
SRM School of Management
SRM Easwari Engineering College
School of Management DG Vaishnav College
What are the best MBA programmes in Kolkata?
The following are the top ten MBA colleges in Kolkata.. For the complete list
Top MBA colleges in Kolkata
St Xavier’s University
Institute of Engineering & Management
Praxis Business Schools
United world School of Business
Globsyn Business School
What are the best MBA programmes in Hyderabad?
Given below is the list of top 10 MBA colleges in Hyderabad. For a complete list, see
MBA colleges in Hyderabad
ICFAI Business School
Institute of Public Entreprise
Badruka College Post Graduate Centre
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
NMIMS University, Hyderabad
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
Institute of Management Technology
Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Ahmedabad?
The top ten MBA colleges in Ahmedabad are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad
Institute of Management Nirma University
Amrut Mody School of Management
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies
BK School of Business Management
Narayana Business School
Shanti Business School
ICFAI Business School, Sarkhej
LJ Institute of Management Studies
MBA Job Roles and Salary Information
An MBA degree holder is qualified for positions such as team leader and department manager. A manager’s job description includes planning, strategizing, and executing projects, leading a team, liaising with clients, coordinating with other departments, delegating work and responsibilities, and reporting to higher authorities on projects completed. The following are some of the most popular job options after an MBA, along with their corresponding salaries:
Average salary (INR)
Human Resources Manager
Data Analytics Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Advertising Sales Manager
Transport & Logistics Manager
International Business Manager
Energy & Environment Manager
Import & Export Manager
IT & Systems Manager
Healthcare & Hospital Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Public Policy Manager
Top MBA Colleges in India for Job Opportunities
The top 30 MBA colleges in India according to the MHRD-NIRF rankings for 2021 are listed below. Also included are the average CTCs offered during the most recent campus placements.
MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2021
Average CTC 2021 (INR)
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Rs 21.08 LPA
Rs 5 LPA
MBA Scope: Top Companies and Recruiters
In today’s job market, the scope of an MBA is vast. MBA graduates are in high demand across all industries and domains. Most MBA institutes offer campus placement to their students upon completion of the full-time MBA programme to ensure a smooth start to their career.
MBA degree holders are employed in a variety of capacities by all organisations, large and small, private and public. The following are a few of the top companies that hire MBA graduates through campus placements:
MBA Scope: Top Companies
Larsen & Tubro
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
McKinsey & Company
Aditya Birla Group
MBA Course Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What exactly is an MBA?
A: An MBA is a two-year postgraduate degree programme in business administration and management. The course provides knowledge and training for running a business successfully. Organizational behaviour, finance management, marketing management, operations management, human resource management, business communication, and other topics are covered.
Q: What is the full form of MBA?
A: MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The course originated in the United States around a century ago and arrived in India in the 1950s. The Indian Institute of Social Welfare And Business Management, or IISWBM, is India’s oldest MBA college. It was founded in 1953.
Q: What is the distinction between an MBA and a PGDM?
A: A degree is awarded to students who complete the MBA programme, while a diploma is awarded to students who complete the PGDM programme. However, the skills and training provided by a degree and a diploma are identical.
Q: What is the best MBA programme?
A: All MBA courses or specialisations provide excellent opportunities for students interested in business management. However, the best MBA programme is entirely dependent on the candidates and their interests.MBA programmes in Sales and Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology are among the best in India.
Q: What are the best MBA programmes in India?
A: The IIMs of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta are among the best MBA programmes in India. Apart from these three, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, IMT Ghaziabad, JBMIS, NMIMS, IBS Hyderabad, GIM Goa, GLIM, and others are available. Click here for a list of all top MBA colleges in India.
Q: What are the MBA eligibility requirements?
A: The graduation requirement is the MBA eligibility criteria. Many colleges, however, require minimum aggregate marks in Graduation (50 percent for general candidates and 45 percent for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent from a recognised university.
Q: How do I get into an MBA programme?
A: The MBA application process consists of an entrance exam, a group discussion, and a personal interview. Many colleges only admit students based on their graduation grade. To be admitted to an MBA programme, candidates must fill out an application form and go through the admissions process.
Q: Do I have to take an entrance exam for MBA admission?
A: The majority of Tier-1 and Tier-2 MBA institutes in India accept candidates based on their MBA entrance exam scores. So, if you want to pursue an MBA from a reputable MBA college, you must take an entrance exam.
Q: How long is the MBA programme?
A: The MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. This course includes a summer internship after the first year. Candidates are given the opportunity to participate in the placements process in their final year to begin their career.
Q: I have a Bachelor of Arts. Which MBA concentration is right for me?
A: Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality, Advertising & PR, Entrepreneurship, and General MBA are the best MBA specialisations for Bachelor of Arts degree holders.
Q: Can I get an MBA by correspondence?
A: Yes, many universities, including IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Osmania University, offer correspondence MBA programmes (distance education mode). Many private universities also offer online MBA programmes that you can enrol in.
Q: Will I get a good job after finishing my MBA programme?
A: Yes, most MBA programmes offer students job placement at the end of the programme. Check to see if the college you want to attend has a placement cell to ensure you get a job. Check out its placement reports to find out which companies participate in campus placement.
Top MBA Specialization in India
ATMA Exam (Everything You need to know)
For admission to MBA, PGDM, MCA, and PGDBA programs, the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) administers the national-level AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA). For admission to various management programs, around 750 management institutes in India accept ATMA scores. The test is intended to evaluate candidates’ aptitude, which is required for advanced management studies. Six components make up the ATMA exam paper. The exam is offered multiple times each year. Analytical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning are all tested in the exam.
You Can Also Check
ATMA Exam 2023 (important Dates)
To learn about all the significant ATMA exam occurrences, see the chart below.
|Registration Starts from||4th week of Dec 2022|
|Registration closed on||1st week of Feb 2023|
|Re-print the filled-in application form Last Date||1st week of Feb 2023|
|Admit card release date||2nd week of Feb 2023|
|Exam date||3rd week of Feb 2023|
|Announcement of Result||1st week of March 2023|
You Can Also Check
ATMA Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023
The age and educational requirements that candidates must meet in order to be qualified for the exam are specified in the ATMA eligibility standards. Candidates must have completed their studies at an accredited university in order to meet ATMA eligibility requirements. Candidates may also apply for the exam if they are in their final year of high school.
The beginning of ATMA registrations is anticipated for the second week of December 2023. There is no option to fill out the ATMA application form offline; it must be completed online. Four to five times every year, the ATMA exam is administered. The exam is typically administered using a computer-based testing format. The first ATMA examination is given in February.
The final week of February 2023 is probably when the ATMA 2023 exam for the February session will be held. Candidates should review the ATMA eligibility requirements before submitting their applications to make sure they qualify for the exam. At the time of admission, candidates’ eligibility will be confirmed; if someone is discovered to be ineligible, they will not be allowed admission.
To learn the highlights of the MBA program eligibility requirements for ATMA 2023, see the table below.
|Age limit||For ATMA, there is no upper age limit.
Additionally, applicants who have already
applied for the ATMA exam may do so again.
|Educational Qualification||Any graduate of a university with UGC recognition may apply for ATMA.
Students in their final year of college may also apply.
Candidates must get the minimum overall score
required by the examination authority in the qualifying exam.
|Nationality||All applicants for ATMA must be Indian citizens.|
|Number of attempts||Four to five times a year, ATMA is held. A candidate may
take the ATMA exam as many times as necessary. For
admission, the most recent ATMA exam
result will be taken into account.
|Work experience||Work experience is not a requirement for eligibility for the
ATMA exam. The exam is open to both working and unemployed individuals.
Criteria for ATMA Eligibility: MCA
The following are the requirements for the MCA program’s ATMA eligibility:
- Candidates must have received an overall BCA score of at least 50%.
- The age requirement to take the exam is 21 years old. There is no maximum age.
- For the ATMA exam, only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are in their final year of BCA are also welcome.
College-wise ATMA Exam(Eligibility Criteria)
See below for the college qualifying requirements for the ATMA 2023 exam:
Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan (BULMIM)
- Candidates must have graduated in order to be considered for admission to the BULMIM’s PGDM program.
- Candidates must have received a graduation average of 50% (or 45% for candidates in the reserved category).
- Candidates must have a current ATMA score.
- Students who are in their final year of high school may apply as long as they present documentation of their graduation within 90 days of the program’s start date.
- Candidates for IIHMR University must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 50%.
- Candidates who will be graduating in their final year may also apply temporarily. Such candidates must produce proof that they graduated within two months of the session starting.
- Application from candidates with relevant work experience is encouraged.
The study by the Institute of Management (IMS)
- Any graduates who passed the ATMA exam are eligible to apply for the MBA programs offered at the IMS.
- Institution for Management and Research at St. Francis (SFIMAR)
- Candidates must have earned a 50% overall grade in their graduation class.
- They must have taken the ATMA test and passed it.
ATMA Exam Highlights
See the table below to learn the crucial information about the ATMA exam in 2023.
|Course offered||PGDM, MCA, MBA, and PGDBA|
|Exam cost||INR 1,500|
|Exam Duration||4–5 times per year.|
|Exam helpdesk no.||040-23417875|
|Exam pattern||Consists of 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs),
each worth one point when answered correctly and 0.25
points when answered incorrectly.
|Exam purpose||acceptance to 756 colleges|
|Exam title||Admissions Test for Management by AIMS|
|No. of test cities||55 test towns (new exam centers added)|
|Organizing Body||Indian Management Schools Association (AIMS)|
|Syllabus||Verbal, quantitative, and analytical reasoning skills|
|Test level||National Level|
Top 15 Online/Distance MBA Colleges in India 2023
ATMA Exam 2023 Syllabus
The ATMA test is designed to evaluate a candidate’s aptitude for several management abilities. As a result, the exam’s questions are constructed in a way that calls for good analytical and logical thinking skills, as well as verbal and numerical aptitude. Even the ATMA syllabus was developed along these lines. Candidates can view the ATMA 2023 syllabus below, broken down by section.
Analytical Reasoning Syllabus for ATMA 2023
The questions in the analytical reasoning portions test a student’s capacity to draw conclusions from a predetermined range of circumstances. The following are crucial subjects in the analytical reasoning sections:
|Important Topics for Analytical Reasoning|
|Course of Action||Arguments||Data Sufficiency|
|Statement-Inference||Statements & conclusions||–|
Verbal Skills Syllabus for ATMA 2023
The Verbal Skills component of the ATMA 2023 exam evaluates the student’s language proficiency using vocabulary and grammar. These are the crucial subjects covered in this section:
|Important Topics for Verbal Skills|
|Reading Comprehension||Sentence Completion||Word Meaning|
The applicant’s aptitude in mathematics is evaluated in this section. The following are this section’s main points:
ATMA 2023 Quantitative Skills Syllabus
|Important Topics for Quantitative Skills|
|Percentage||Profit and loss||Ration & Proportion|
|Time, Speed and Distance||Mensuration||Permutation & Combination|
ATMA Exam 2023 (Exam Pattern and Test Structure)
- This year, the ATMA exam 2023 is administered using a computer-based testing format.
- Six portions make up the test, and each section is divided into parts I and II.
- According to the ATMA exam format, questions are posed for analytical reasoning, verbal skills, and quantitative skills.
- The examination lasts for three hours.
- You should finish each section in 30 minutes.
- Candidates are given a score out of 180.
How To prepare for ATMA Exam 2023?
Here are some hints and pointers for getting ready for ATMA 2023 .
- The Analytical Skills portion evaluates a candidate’s capacity for logical thought. Candidates don’t need to use a formula to answer these questions; instead, they just need to consider the question’s context and choose the best response. Candidates can solve these problems fast and efficiently by regularly practicing these types of questions. This portion should be attempted with 42 to 43 questions and 90% correctness.
- The quantitative skills part will include questions that are based on high school mathematics. Candidates should concentrate on reviewing their high school textbook fundamentals. Candidates will succeed on the test if they attempt 41–42 questions with accuracy levels between 80% and 90%.
- The Verbal Skills component of the exam gauges a candidate’s proficiency with grammar, vocabulary, and understanding. Candidates might improve their ability to answer questions from this part by reading books and newspapers.
Best Books for ATMA 2023 Preparation
The greatest books to read are essential for effective preparation. There are many books on the market, but picking the finest ones can be challenging. We have listed a few books that have been recommended by professionals below to assist applicants in selecting the finest books for the ATMA exam.
Best books for each section to prepare for ATMA 2023
See the chart below to see which books are ideal to read for each section of the ATMA 2023 exam.
|Section||Name of the Books|
|Quantitative Skills||R.S. Aggarwal’s book Quantitative Aptitude|
|Rajesh Sharma’s Fast track Objective Arithmetic|
|Verbal Skills||Norman Lewis’ book Word
Power Made easy
|Wren and Martin’s High School
English Grammar and Composition
|Analytical Reasoning||Arun Sharma’s guide on preparing for
the CAT’s logical reasoning section
|MK Pandey’s Analytical Reasoning|
|Section||Name of the Books|
|Analytical Reasoning||Arun Sharma’s guide on preparing for the CAT’s logical reasoning section
MK Pandey’s Analytical Reasoning
|Quantitative Skills||R.S. Aggarwal’s book Quantitative Aptitude
Rajesh Sharma’s Fast track Objective Arithmetic
|Verbal Skills||Norman Lewis’ book Word Power Made easy
Wren and Martin’s High School English Grammar and Composition
ATMA Registration Process 2023
Online registration is available for ATMA 2023 . On the organization’s official website, www.atmaaims.org, you can access the ATMA application forms for 2023 . The registration process for students who wish to sit for the ATMA 2023 exam must be completed online, along with payment of the registration fee. The ATMA application procedure includes the following steps:
- Establishing a new user profile by completing the ATMA registration form with information such as name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, etc.
- using a credit/debit card, online banking, UPI, or other banking wallets to pay the ATMA application fee
- utilizing your PID number and password to complete the ATMA application form
- Uploading the necessary files in the format required.
Paying the ATM fee
Paying the application fee is the second step in the ATMA registration process. Before filling out the ATMA application form, applicants must pay the application fee. The only way to pay the ATMA application fee is online. For all candidates, the ATMA registration cost is INR 1,600 (including GST). The only methods accepted for paying the ATMA application cost are debit/credit cards, internet banking, or UPI. A fee reduction of 50% is available to applicants from North-Eastern states. The cost reduction of 25% is also available to female candidates.
Exam: Admissions for ATMA 2023
The following four steps make up the ATMA admissions process:
Step 1: Complete the ATMA 2023 application
Candidates can register online and submit their ATMA 2023 application on the AIMS website. The INR 1,600 application fee must be paid online using a debit/credit card or net banking. Candidates can choose up to five institutions or colleges on the ATMA application form to which they want to transmit their test results for admission.
The ATMA 2023 exam was given in a computer-based test format in 27 Indian cities. Candidates must choose the ATMA 2023 exam locations (often the test cities) when completing the application.
STEP 2: 2023 ATMA admission card
Three days prior to the exam, admission cards for the ATMA were made available to enrolled applicants. Before the exam, candidates must print off their self-declaration papers and admit cards since these are required paperwork. Up until exam day, ATMA admission cards 2023 will be accessible online for download.
STEP 3: Mock test for ATMA 2023
If the exam is given online, there will probably be an ATMA practice test 2023 two days prior to the exam to help applicants become comfortable with the rules of the test. The mock test, which would be given between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM for 45 minutes, was required of all applicants. The applicant won’t be allowed to take the real exam if they don’t show up for the mock exam. To prevent any problems on exam day, a mock examination will be given.
STEP 4: 2023 ATMA test
The ATMA exam was administered using a computer-based testing format. There will be 180 questions on analytical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning in the test. The candidates have 180 minutes to complete the tasks.
STEP 5: 2023 ATMA results
The official website will host the online announcement of the ATMA results. By entering their PID number and password, test takers can see the results for the ATMA 2023 exam and download their scorecard. No candidate will get the scorecards through the mail. Candidates can apply to the institute or college of their choosing and take part in the subsequent admissions process of the participating college based on the grades they receive.
ATMA Admit Card 2023
Candidates may download their ATMA 2023 admit cards from the official website before the exam. Once they are made available, the ATMA admit card can be downloaded by candidates who successfully registered. The steps for downloading the ATMA admit card 2023 from the ATMA AIMS website is listed below:
- Visit ATMA AIMS’s official website.
- PID number and password are used to log in.
- Select the link for “Print E-admit card.”
- Read the directions, check the box, and print the ATMA admissions card for 2023.
Guidelines for Exam Days in ATMA 2023
To avoid any form of trouble on the day of the exam, candidates taking the ATMA exam must become familiar with the rules for the exam day.
- The ATMA exam will take place between 2:00 and 5:00. Before 1:00 PM, the applicants must arrive at the exam site to complete identification and other procedures. Latecomers won’t be allowed into the exam room.
- The candidates must have two printed copies of their ATMA admit card with a passport-size photo attached, as well as photo ID documentation (both the original and a photocopy) provided by the Indian government. Additionally, a printout of the ATMA application form must be carried out. Candidates won’t be able to take the exam if they don’t have the aforementioned documentation.
- Candidates must provide a photo that corresponds to the application.
- The ArogyaSetu app, which must display the candidate’s risk status, must be loaded on the candidates’ phones. The candidate must bring the completed self-declaration form if they do not have the Arogya Setu app. After presenting the danger status to the security guard at the center, candidates are required to turn off their phones.
- To the center, applicants must have a ballpoint pen. Other devices like calculators, digital watches, statistics tables, etc. are not allowed within the exam center.
- A mask and gloves must be worn at all times by the candidate. They must also have a clear water bottle, hand sanitizer, and exam-related paperwork with them. Additionally, they must adhere to COVID-19 acceptable conduct at
Top MBA Specialization in India 2023
Best Colleges Accepting ATMA Scores
More than 750 universities accept ATMA scores. The list of Indian colleges that accept the results of the ATMA exam is shown below.
|Top MBA colleges accepting ATMA 2023 scores|
|ASM’s Institute of International Business & Research, Pune||EMPI Business School, Delhi|
|ICBM School of Business Excellence, Hyderabad||New Delhi Institute of Management, Delhi|
|ISBR Business School, Bangalore||KIIT School of Management, Odisha|
|Jagan Institute Of Management Studies, Rohini||Taxila Business School, Jaipur|
|School of Management, Manipal University||International School of Management & Research, Pune|
Question: When will the registration for ATMA exam 2023 start?
Answer: The ATMA 2023 Registration process will start in the 4th week of December 2022
Question: When will the ATMA 2023 admit card be downloaded?
Answer: The ATMA Admit Card will be released in the 2nd week of February 2023 through online mode.
Question: What is ATMA Exam full form?
Answer: AIMS Test for Management Admissions is the full name of the ATMA Exam.
Question: After submitting my application and payment, can I modify the location of my test?
Answer: No, a test centre change is not permitted later on under any circumstances. Therefore, when filling out the application form, choose it carefully.
Question: Is the registration fee refundable?
Answer: No, the registration fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
Question: Who conducts ATMA?
Answer: The Association of Indian Management Schools organises ATMA.
Question: Where can I find sample papers and previous years’ question papers for ATMA 2022?
Answer: For sample papers and question papers from prior years, please visit the official website at www.atmaaims.com.
Question: What grade point average must I have to qualify for an application?
Answer: To qualify for application, your undergraduate grade point average must be at least 50%.
Question: Is there any negative marking in ATMA exam 2023?
Answer: Yes, each erroneous response results in a 0.25 point deduction. Each accurate response earns the candidate one mark.
Question: Can I make corrections in the ATMA application form after submission?
Answer: Once the ATMA application form has been sent in, no changes can be made. Before submitting the application, candidates must carefully complete it and double-check all the information.
Question: Which documents are needed for uploading while filling the ATMA registration form?
Answer: Candidates must upload a passport-size photo, their digitally scanned signatures, a caste certificate (if applicable), copies of their class 10 and class 12 transcripts, and proof of their graduation. Sponsored applicants must upload their sponsor certificates in the format specified on the ATMA website.
Question: Is there any age restriction for the candidates who appear for the ATMA exam?
Answer: There is no age restriction for applicants to the ATMA exam, but they must meet all other qualifying requirements before taking the exam.
Question: Is there any fee concession for reserved category students?
Answer: Only women candidates and those from the North-Eastern Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura would receive a fee reduction. Women will receive a 25% concession, and candidates from India’s North-Eastern states would receive a 50% concession.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Pingback: TS POLYCET Exam 2023 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern - College Sakha
Pingback: MBA in Healthcare Management : Eligibility , Salary , Job Scope , Entrance Exam , Admission Process , Subjects , Career , Top 20 colleges in India. - College Sakha
Pingback: MH CET Law Exam 2023 (3 & 5 Year LLB) - Dates (Out), Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Question Papers, Admit Card - College Sakha