#Decision Right Career Bright
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate programmes in India and around the world. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The majority of managerial level positions across industries and domains call for an MBA, which is why many BTech, BBA, BCom, BA, BSc, and BCA graduates now pursue. an MBA after graduation.
MBA admission is based on MBA entrance exams, which are followed by a round of personality assessments (Group Discussion or GD, Written Ability Test or WAT and Personal Interview or PI). In order to pursue an MBA programme, students must typically have at least a 50% average in their undergraduate degree from any discipline. The most common MBA entrance exams are the CAT, GMAT, and XAT as well as others. Some of the top MBA colleges in India that accept admission through these exams are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, XLRI, and ISB. The MBA fee generally ranges between INR 10-25 lakh depending on the college, but there are some very popular top colleges where the course fee is much lower than FMS Delhi and JBIMS Mumbai, for example, charge INR 10 lakh.
What exactly is an MBA?
The MBA programme is a management and marketing-focused academic programme.It addresses issues such as organisational behaviour, marketing, management principles, supply chain management, and operations management, among others.Amazon, Apple, Bain & Company, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, and Accenture are a few of the top MBA recruiters. MBA graduates are frequently qualified for positions such as Finance Manager, Product Manager, Strategy Manager, Human Resources Manager, and other middle management positions. Students who successfully complete the MBA programme can anticipate annual salaries ranging from INR 8 lakh to INR 30 lakh.
MBA Admission 2022
Top MBA Specialisations
Top MBA Colleges
MBA Program Overview
MBA is a two-year degree programme that can be pursued only after graduating from high school. The table below summarises the key highlights of the MBA programme:
MBA Full Form
Master of Business Administration
Types of MBA
Full-time, part-time, distance, online, executive, and integrated MBA programmes are available.
MBA Course Fee
INR 2 lakh to INR 27 lakh and more
MBA Admission Process
Entrance Exam+ Group Discussion+ Personal Interview
Top MBA Entrance Exams
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, ATMA, IIFT, IBSAT
Top MBA Colleges
There are 5000+ colleges in India offering Full-Time MBA.Among the most popular colleges are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, XLRI, IIM Indore, and IIM Kozhikode.
Top MBA Specialisations
Sales, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, digital marketing, and business analytics are all areas of expertise.
Average Salary post MBA
Per year, INR 5 lakh to 25 lakh
Top Recruiters post MBA
Mckinsey, Bain & Company, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others.
MBA Program Highlights
- MBA is a popular course because it is open to students from all disciplines, including science, business, and humanities.
- A typical MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four or six semesters. There are, however, some private institutes that offer one-year PGDM programmes.
- MBA programmes are available in a variety of formats, including full-time, part-time, online, and distance education. Interested candidates can also find programmes tailored to their professional experience, such as Executive MBA programmes.
- Instead of an MBA, many management institutes offer a Post-Graduation Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD), or Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management. There isn’t much of a difference between the two, aside from the recognition.
- Among all education modes, the full-time MBA is the most popular. Theory classes, practical projects, student exchange programmes, summer internships, and final placements are all part of a full-time MBA programme.
- A full-time MBA is preferred by recent graduates as well as candidates with a few years of work experience. Some colleges prefer recent graduates, while others prefer candidates with a few years of work experience.
- The Executive MBA, on the other hand, is appropriate for candidates with 5 or more years of work experience because it is designed to improve their managerial and leadership skills to maintain a competitive edge on the job market.
- For candidates who want to study while working, online MBA, part-time MBA, and distance MBA programmes are ideal.
Why Do an MBA?
The most straightforward answer is to advance your career. Given that we live in a world with fierce competition in the business world and job market, one must be equipped with managerial skills and leadership qualities in order to make multiple contributions to the organisation. Knowing how to manage a business will be advantageous if you are an expert in your field.When starting a business or changing careers, an MBA degree is a valuable asset. Some of the advantages of an MBA degree include:
- Better Job Opportunities
- Increased Pay
- Creating an Industry Network
- Improve Your Management Skills
- Improve Your Leadership Skills
- Global Business and Economic Exposure
- Development of Entrepreneurial Skills
What Are the Different Types of MBA Programs?
MBA programmes are available in a variety of modes and formats. Traditionally, Full-Time MBA programmes of two years duration have been the most popular among management aspirants; however, due to flexibility, Executive MBA and Online MBA programmes have grown in popularity in recent years. Read on for some key highlights of each MBA type:
- Full-Time MBA: Full-Time MBA is a two-year regular MBA programme. It is a residential programme that includes physical classes, live projects, semester-by-semester evaluation, a summer internship, and final placements. There are about 5000 full-time MBA colleges in India. On average, tuition fees range from INR 2 lakh to INR 25 lakh.
- Part-Time MBA: This is not a residential programme and is best suited for working professionals who want to learn key managerial skills. In part-time MBA programmes, there are no opportunities for campus placement or internships. Both public and private colleges provide part-time MBA programmes. programmes. In India, there are approximately 300 Part-Time MBA colleges. The course fee ranges from INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakh. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Part-Time MBA
- MBA via distance: Distance MBA candidates complete the programme through remote communication and correspondence. Because it is inexpensive and flexible, the course is ideal for people with limited time and resources. There is an option to complete the course in two to five years.. In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges. IGNOU is the most popular. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Distance MBA
- Online MBA: Because of its convenience and flexibility, this is currently the most popular mode of MBA programme. Lectures are delivered via video conferencing in Online MBA programmes, and notes, tests, and assessments are stored in a Learning Management System (LMS). Because there are no physical classes in Online MBA, one can study in one city while living in another.There are no restrictions on attendance because the lectures are recorded and saved in the LMS.. In India, there are approximately 170 Online MBA colleges, the majority of which are private institutions. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Online MBA
- Executive MBA: This programme is designed specifically for working professionals with more than five years of experience. The curriculum is similar to that of a Full-Time MBA, but it is shorter in duration (15 to 19 months). Executive MBA programmes are expensive, and some companies offer candidate sponsorship. In India, there are approximately 440 Executive MBA Colleges. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Executive MBA
- 5 year-Integrated MBA: This is a five-year dual degree programme that includes both an undergraduate and a graduate degree. After class 12, students can pursue an integrated MBA degree. Candidates who choose management as a career early on can pursue an Integrated MBA, which is a BBA+MBA or BTech+MBA programme. Top institutes such as IIM Rohtak, IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, NMIMS, Xavier University, and Nirma University, among others, offer the Integrated MBA programme. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Integrated MBA
MBA Study Abroad
To pursue an MBA abroad, candidates must take a slightly different path than usual. For MBA abroad admission, they must take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) as well as the language proficiency tests Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Academic requirements for MBA programmes abroad are the same as for domestic programmes, with a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation or equivalent from a recognised university. Most MBA programmes abroad require three to five years of work experience.
Pursuing an MBA abroad is expensive. The total cost of the course could range between INR 80 lakh and INR 1 crore. The most popular countries for an MBA abroad are the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Germany and New Zealand.
MBA Eligibility Requirements
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for a full-time MBA:
- Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university is the basic eligibility criteria for MBA (full-time).
- Most institutes adhere to the graduation minimum score criteria of 50% in average or equivalent.
- Reserved category students must have a minimum aggregate score of 45 percent.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for MBA, provided they present proof of completion of their Graduation degree within the time frame specified by the institute.
- MBA programmes are available to professionals with CA/CS/ICWAI and other degrees
A manager is expected to lead a team of professionals, so good communication and leadership skills are essential for a successful manager. Consider the following skills when applying for an MBA/PGDM:
Full-time MBA: Required Skillset
Good communication skills
Strong mathematical skills
Eye for detail
Goal-oriented & ability to work under pressure
Admissions to MBA Programs
Admission to all B-schools is typically done through an entrance exam. The test can be of the following varieties:
- National-Level Exam administered on behalf of the other participating colleges by an apex testing body or a top national B-school.CAT, MAT, CMAT, or ATMA are a few examples.
- State-Level Exam administered by a state testing body or a top state B-school on behalf of the state’s other participating colleges. For example, MAH-CET, OJEE, KMAT, TANCET, or APICET.
- For admission to its own MBA programme, the Institute-Level Test is administered. Other B-schools may accept these scores as a qualifying criterion in some cases. XAT, NMAT, SNAP, and IBSAT are a few examples.
- A university-conducted test for admission to MBA programmes offered by colleges affiliated with it.KIITEE, LUMET, and HPU MAT are a few examples.
The qualifying exam is followed by a second level screening round conducted by the college, which typically includes WAT-GD-PI. The final decision is based on the candidate’s overall performance in academics, the entrance exam, and the WAT-GD-PI.
Which are the Best MBA Entrance Exams?
MBA admission to Tier 1 and Tier 2 B-Schools is based on the results of the entrance exam. The top MBA exams that are valid for admission to various B-schools, as well as their application deadlines for the upcoming academic session, are listed below:
MBA Exam Name
Over (last date was September 21, 2022)
CAT application form
To be announced
CMAT application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
SNAP application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
IIFT application form
Underway (last date is November 30, 2022)
XAT application form
Underway (Last date December 13, 2022)
MAT application form
Over ( last date was October 10, 2022)
NMAT application form
To be announced
ATMA application form
MBA Admissions 2022: Deadline for Applications
MBA candidates with relevant entrance test scores can apply for admission to business schools for the current academic year. Some of the most prestigious private business schools are now accepting applications for their MBA/PGDM programmes. The table below displays the application status of some of India’s most prestigious MBA programmes.
Exam Score Accepted
Application status MBA/PGDM 2022 batch
International Management Institute, Kolkata
CAT, XAT, GMAT
International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
FMS Delhi University
IIFT Entrance Exam
Great Lakes Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT
Symbiosis International University (Deemed)
Vijay Patil School of Management
CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, AIET
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, KIITEE MBA
Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
CAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, SNAP, KMAT, MAT, CMAT, IBSAT, ALLIANCE-AMAT
Crescent School of Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, TANCET and CSBAT
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT
Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
JK Business School
CAT, MAT, CMAT
ITM Business School
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAH-CET
Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute Of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA
Thiagarajar School of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, ATMA
Jaipuria Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA
Fortune Institute of International Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT
EMPI Business School
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA
Lloyd Business School Noida
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, MAH-CET, GMAT
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MAT
Indian School of Business (ISB)
IFMR – Sri City Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR GSB)
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, GRE
Examine the Top MBA Colleges
In terms of acceptance, the CAT and CMAT are India’s two most important MBA entrance exams. The results of these two exams are accepted by over 1000 business schools in India. Over 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT and ATMA exam scores. Check out the table below for the top MBA colleges based on entrance exam:
MBA Colleges by Exam
Colleges Accepting CAT
Colleges Accepting ATMA
Colleges Accepting MAT
Colleges Accepting GMAT
Colleges Accepting XAT
Colleges Accepting MAHCET
Colleges Accepting CMAT
Colleges Accepting TANCET MBA
Colleges Accepting NMAT by GMAC
Colleges Accepting OJEE
What is the MBA Curriculum?
MBA students are exposed to a wide range of subjects. Students in a two-year MBA programme begin with core curriculum such as Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, and Management Principles, to name a few. They are exposed to subjects such as Entrepreneurship and Business Law in their second year. MBA colleges classify these subjects as core and electives, and students can choose between the electives. Some of the subjects covered in the MBA programme are as follows:
- Human resource administration
- Business strategy
- Finance administration
- Management principles
- Business regulations
- Communication abilities
- Communication in Business
- Computer Software
- Taxation of organisational behaviour
- Retail administration
- Economics Business Environment Project Work
Semester-by-Semester MBA Syllabus
The standard MBA programme is divided into four to six semesters over the course of two years. The MBA subjects for each semester are listed below:
MBA Syllabus Semester I
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
MBA Syllabus Semester II
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Economic Environment of Business
Management of Information System
MBA Syllabus Semester III
Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
MBA Syllabus Semester IV
International Business Environment
What are the Top MBA Specializations?
Aside from the standard MBA programme, candidates can pursue an MBA with a specialisation in a specific field. Candidates have a variety of MBA specialisation options in India. Every candidate should choose a branch or specialisation in their MBA programme because it better prepares them for specific domains such as Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Sales, and Marketing, to name a few. The following are the most popular MBA specialisations:
List of MBA specialisations
Agriculture & Food Business
Oil & Gas
Energy & Environment
Import & Export
IT & Systems
Healthcare & Hospital
Transport & Logistics
What are the best MBA programmes in India?
In India, there are approximately 5,000 MBA colleges. One can select an MBA college based on their interest in a specific MBA specialisation, location, fees, infrastructure, placements, and entrance exam scores. Most top-ranked and Tier-1 MBA programmes are difficult to get into due to their stringent admissions criteria. They select the best of the best, so passing the CAT or GMAT with high marks is essential.
Admission to a Tier-2 or Tier-3 MBA programme, on the other hand, is much easier. Their admission cut-offs are lower than those of the IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR, FMS, IMT, and other prestigious institutions. Check out the top MBA colleges by location and entrance exams in the section below:
View the Top MBA Schools by Location
Although Pune and Bangalore are considered MBA education hubs, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Delhi also have some of the top ranked B-Schools. Check out the tables below for the best MBA schools by location.
What are the best MBA programmes in Mumbai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Mumbai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai
SIMSREE – Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Management Research
ICFAI Business School Mumbai
VIT Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
SIES College of Management Studies
What are the best MBA programmes in Delhi?
The top ten MBA colleges in Delhi are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi-NCR
FMS, Delhi University
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
BIMTECH Greater Noida
BML Munjal University School of Management
Amity University, Noida
Fore School of Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Bangalore?
The top ten MBA colleges in Bangalore are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore
ISBR Business School
Regional College of Management
Indian Institute of Plantation Management
Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology (AIT), Bangalore
What are the best MBA programmes in Pune?
The top ten MBA colleges in Pune are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Pune
Dept of Mgt Sciences, Pune University
National Institute of Bank Management
National Insurance Academy
Indira Institute of Management IIMP
Pune Institute of Business Management
Symbiosis Institute of Digital & Telecom Management
Singhad Institute of Management
Symbiosis Centre For Information Technology
Balaji Institute of Modern Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Chennai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Chennai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
SSN School of Management
Loyola Institute of Technology
University of Madras
MOP Vaishnav College for Women
SRM School of Management
SRM Easwari Engineering College
School of Management DG Vaishnav College
What are the best MBA programmes in Kolkata?
The following are the top ten MBA colleges in Kolkata.. For the complete list
Top MBA colleges in Kolkata
St Xavier’s University
Institute of Engineering & Management
Praxis Business Schools
United world School of Business
Globsyn Business School
What are the best MBA programmes in Hyderabad?
Given below is the list of top 10 MBA colleges in Hyderabad. For a complete list, see
MBA colleges in Hyderabad
ICFAI Business School
Institute of Public Entreprise
Badruka College Post Graduate Centre
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
NMIMS University, Hyderabad
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
Institute of Management Technology
Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Ahmedabad?
The top ten MBA colleges in Ahmedabad are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad
Institute of Management Nirma University
Amrut Mody School of Management
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies
BK School of Business Management
Narayana Business School
Shanti Business School
ICFAI Business School, Sarkhej
LJ Institute of Management Studies
MBA Job Roles and Salary Information
An MBA degree holder is qualified for positions such as team leader and department manager. A manager’s job description includes planning, strategizing, and executing projects, leading a team, liaising with clients, coordinating with other departments, delegating work and responsibilities, and reporting to higher authorities on projects completed. The following are some of the most popular job options after an MBA, along with their corresponding salaries:
Average salary (INR)
Human Resources Manager
Data Analytics Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Advertising Sales Manager
Transport & Logistics Manager
International Business Manager
Energy & Environment Manager
Import & Export Manager
IT & Systems Manager
Healthcare & Hospital Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Public Policy Manager
Top MBA Colleges in India for Job Opportunities
The top 30 MBA colleges in India according to the MHRD-NIRF rankings for 2021 are listed below. Also included are the average CTCs offered during the most recent campus placements.
MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2021
Average CTC 2021 (INR)
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Rs 21.08 LPA
Rs 5 LPA
MBA Scope: Top Companies and Recruiters
In today’s job market, the scope of an MBA is vast. MBA graduates are in high demand across all industries and domains. Most MBA institutes offer campus placement to their students upon completion of the full-time MBA programme to ensure a smooth start to their career.
MBA degree holders are employed in a variety of capacities by all organisations, large and small, private and public. The following are a few of the top companies that hire MBA graduates through campus placements:
MBA Scope: Top Companies
Larsen & Tubro
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
McKinsey & Company
Aditya Birla Group
MBA Course Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What exactly is an MBA?
A: An MBA is a two-year postgraduate degree programme in business administration and management. The course provides knowledge and training for running a business successfully. Organizational behaviour, finance management, marketing management, operations management, human resource management, business communication, and other topics are covered.
Q: What is the full form of MBA?
A: MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The course originated in the United States around a century ago and arrived in India in the 1950s. The Indian Institute of Social Welfare And Business Management, or IISWBM, is India’s oldest MBA college. It was founded in 1953.
Q: What is the distinction between an MBA and a PGDM?
A: A degree is awarded to students who complete the MBA programme, while a diploma is awarded to students who complete the PGDM programme. However, the skills and training provided by a degree and a diploma are identical.
Q: What is the best MBA programme?
A: All MBA courses or specialisations provide excellent opportunities for students interested in business management. However, the best MBA programme is entirely dependent on the candidates and their interests.MBA programmes in Sales and Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology are among the best in India.
Q: What are the best MBA programmes in India?
A: The IIMs of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta are among the best MBA programmes in India. Apart from these three, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, IMT Ghaziabad, JBMIS, NMIMS, IBS Hyderabad, GIM Goa, GLIM, and others are available. Click here for a list of all top MBA colleges in India.
Q: What are the MBA eligibility requirements?
A: The graduation requirement is the MBA eligibility criteria. Many colleges, however, require minimum aggregate marks in Graduation (50 percent for general candidates and 45 percent for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent from a recognised university.
Q: How do I get into an MBA programme?
A: The MBA application process consists of an entrance exam, a group discussion, and a personal interview. Many colleges only admit students based on their graduation grade. To be admitted to an MBA programme, candidates must fill out an application form and go through the admissions process.
Q: Do I have to take an entrance exam for MBA admission?
A: The majority of Tier-1 and Tier-2 MBA institutes in India accept candidates based on their MBA entrance exam scores. So, if you want to pursue an MBA from a reputable MBA college, you must take an entrance exam.
Q: How long is the MBA programme?
A: The MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. This course includes a summer internship after the first year. Candidates are given the opportunity to participate in the placements process in their final year to begin their career.
Q: I have a Bachelor of Arts. Which MBA concentration is right for me?
A: Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality, Advertising & PR, Entrepreneurship, and General MBA are the best MBA specialisations for Bachelor of Arts degree holders.
Q: Can I get an MBA by correspondence?
A: Yes, many universities, including IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Osmania University, offer correspondence MBA programmes (distance education mode). Many private universities also offer online MBA programmes that you can enrol in.
Q: Will I get a good job after finishing my MBA programme?
A: Yes, most MBA programmes offer students job placement at the end of the programme. Check to see if the college you want to attend has a placement cell to ensure you get a job. Check out its placement reports to find out which companies participate in campus placement.
Top MBA Specialization in India
CMAT Exam (Everything You need to know)
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), an aptitude test, is given to applicants seeking admission to MBA/PGDM programs by the National Testing Agency (NTA). One of the most popular MBA entry tests in India is the CMAT. Around 70,000 candidates take the test each year. Some of India’s leading business schools, including Great Lakes Institute of Management, JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya Mumbai, Welingkar Mumbai, and PUMBA, accept the CMAT score. 100 questions including quantitative techniques and data interpretation, logical reasoning, language comprehension, general awareness, and innovation and entrepreneurship make up the CMAT question paper. The CMAT carries 400 total points. The CMAT exam lasts three hours and is given in computer-based test (CBT) mode.
You Can Also Check
CMAT Exam 2023 (important Dates)
The final week of January or the first week of February will see the announcement of the CMAT exam schedule. See the following table for a rough schedule for CMAT 2023 based on the schedule from the previous year:
|CMAT Events||CMAT Exam Dates||Important Details|
|Form correction||Fourth week of March 2023||If necessary, candidates may
upload a fresh
image and signature.
|CMAT registrations||Last week of January
or first week of
February 2023 to
Third week of March 2023
|Start of the online
process on the NTA website.
|CMAT answer key release||Third week of
|On the NTA website, you
may find the CMAT answer key,
the question paper,
and the individual response sheets.
|CMAT answer key challenge||Third week of
|Answer keys can be contested by
candidates by submitting an
|CMAT admit card download
|First week of
|Up until exam day, the admit
card will be accessible for
download on the
|CMAT 2023 result announcement||Fourth week
of April 2023
|Scorecards and an all-India rank list
will be published on the
|CMAT 2023 exam||Second week
of April 2023
|Exams will be administered
in specific locations
You Can Also Check
CMAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2023
The age restriction, minimal educational need, cumulative score, nationality, and other requirements to apply for the CMAT 2023 exam are specified in the CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 . The NTA has released the requirements for participation in CMAT 2023 .
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university in order to be eligible for the CMAT in 2023 . Students from any discipline, including the arts, sciences, and commerce, may take the exam.
- Filling out a CMAT application does not require a minimum overall score. Additionally, there is no maximum age for taking the CMAT exam.
- Last Year If final year results are released prior to the start of admissions for the academic year 2023-2024 then students may also apply. Additionally, it is crucial that these applicants have the necessary official documentation demonstrating that they meet all minimal academic criteria.
- On February 16, 2023 , CMAT 2023 application forms were made available. The CMAT 2023 exam date is anticipated to be released shortly after registration is complete. Check 2023 CMAT Exam Dates
- According to the updated CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern, 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) will be divided equally across five categories rather than four: logical reasoning, language comprehension, innovation & entrepreneurship, and general awareness. Examine the CMAT Syllabus 2023 .
- There are 100 questions total, divided into 4 categories. The optional Innovation & Entrepreneurship subject that was included to the exam previous year will be included in CMAT 2023 .
Candidates who meet the CMAT eligibility requirements may sit for the CMAT 2023 exam in order to be considered for admission to the PGCM, MBA, PGDM, and Executive PGDM programmes provided by the 1,000+ AICTE-approved universities that accept the CMAT. Therefore, it is advisable to review the full list of CMAT eligibility requirements provided in this post before submitting your application for the CMAT 2023 .
Top 15 Online/Distance MBA Colleges in India 2023
CMAT Exam Highlights
A three-hour MCQ-based exam. See the table below to learn about the major highlights of the CMAT 2023 exam:
|CMAT Full Form||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|CMAT Official Website||www.nta.ac.in|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Fees||INR 2,000 (General category male)|
|Exam Frequency Exam Helpdesk
No. Exam Level Exam Mode Exam Pattern
|Once a year|
|100 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to 1,300 MBA colleges|
|Exam Syllabus||Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation|
|LanguageNo. of applicants||English|
|No. of Test Cities||124 (for CMAT 2023 )|
|Organizing Body||National Testing Agency|
|Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|INR 1,000 (students in the reserved
category and women’s general category)
|C-20 1A/8, Sector 62|
|IITK Outreach Centre,|
CMAT 2023 Syllabus
The CMAT 2023 Syllabus covers a range of subjects, including Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, General Awareness, and Logical Reasoning. Since there are an equal amount of questions in each segment, candidates must equally concentrate on each topic to achieve a high score.
- Speed, time and distance, percentages, averages, ratio and proportion, profit, tables, bar graphs, line charts, Venn diagrams, pie charts, etc. are examples of quantitative techniques and data interpretation.
- Examples of tasks that need logical reasoning include logical sequence, data structures, number and letter series, binary logic, direction sense, clocks and calendars, puzzles, syllogisms, seating arrangements, coding-decoding, blood relations, etc.
- Language understanding can be demonstrated through readings, phrase correction, jumbled paragraphs, etc.
- General knowledge includes current events in the domestic and global economy, news personalities, information about the Indian Constitution, sports news, trade awareness, politics, history, culture, geography, economics, and sports science in daily life.
- Important Events, Budget & Economic Survey, Business & Corporate Affairs, New Investments & Schemes, Entrepreneurship and Business Promotion Policies, Startup Ecosystem, Banking Regulation & Reforms, International Organizations, General Economy, and Current Affairs
CMAT Exam 2023 (Exam Pattern and Test Structure)
The CMAT exam will be administered online (computer-based test) and students must complete 100 questions (25 questions per section) in three hours. Below is a description of the CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern.
- There will be a total of 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on the CMAT 2023 question paper, divided into five sections: General Awareness (20), Language Comprehension (20), Logical Reasoning (20), and Innovation and Entrepreneurship (20). (20).
- Innovation and entrepreneurship were first presented by NTA in 2021 as an optional component, but this year they were declared mandatory.
- There is no sectional time limit and the CMAT 2023 exam lasts 180 minutes.
- According to the CMAT’s scoring guidelines, each question is worth 4 points, with erroneous responses deserving a minuscule 1 point.
- The application period for CMAT 2023 opened on February 16 and will remain open until March 17, 2023 . Dates for the CMAT 2023 exam will soon be released by NTA. The CMAT 2023 will be administered online using a computer-based test format.
- Aspirants for the CMAT 2023 exam must start studying according to the most recent CMAT exam pattern and syllabus and complete additional practice tests and question papers.
Top MBA Specialization in India 2023
CMAT Registration Process 2023
The CMAT registration process consists of five steps: online registration, online application completion, uploading a scanned copy of your identification and your signature, CMAT fee payment, and test centre selection. The CMAT exam cost for 2023 must be paid online. Read on for the CMAT registration process in detail:
Step 1 is to register online for CMAT 2023.
- Open a new browser and go to the CMAT NTA website.
- Click the “new registration” button to sign up.
- The registration page for CMAT 2023 will appear.
- Enter information including your name, birthdate, city, email address, password, and mobile phone number.
- Select “Submit”
- An application number with 12 digits will be shown..
Step 2 -Fill out the CMAT application form
- To re-log in, enter your application number and password.
- Add your academic information to the application form.
- Once the form has been reviewed, click the submit button.
- Before submitting the application form, you should edit any fields you like.
Step 3- Upload documents
After finishing the CMAT application form, upload your passport-size photo, signature, and PwD certificate (if applicable).
Step 4- Pay the CMAT application fee
Through SBI/HDFC banking facilities, including debit/credit cards, net banking, and UPI/PAYTM, the fees may be paid online. The table of CMAT costs by category is shown below:
|Category||CMAT application fee|
|SC, ST, PWD (Male)||INR 1,000|
|SC, ST, PWD (Female)||INR 1,000|
|General / EWS/OBC-NCL (Male)||INR 2,000|
|General / EWS/OBC-NCL (Female)||INR 1,000|
A page confirming the submission of the application will appear after the application cost has been paid. The applicant must save this page as proof of successfully submitting the CMAT application form and payments by downloading it.
CMAT Admit Card 2023
CMAT Admit Card 2023 will likely be made available online in January 2023. Candidates who successfully submit their application form can also request admission cards using their registered email address. When heading for the exam, candidates must have their admission card with them; otherwise, they will not be allowed to take the test. The steps for downloading a CMAT admit card is listed below:
- Consult the NTA-CMAT website for more information.
- Click the “Download Admit Card” button.
- Candidates must now enter either their date of birth or application ID or password.
- Select the “admit card” tab to download.
- Save your CMAT admit card now, then print it out.
CMAT Answer Key 2023
The NTA will provide the CMAT answer key on the test website. The CMAT question paper and individual response sheet were included in the CMAT answer key. Using their login information, test participants were able to get the CMAT 2023 answer key from the exam website. The steps to download the CMAT answer key 2023 are shown below:
- to access the CMAT-NTA website.
- Select “Download CMAT 2023 Answer Key”
- Application number, password, and birthdate
- Click the link that says “Answer Key” on the dashboard.
- Download the CMAT 2023 solution manual.
The NTA also offers candidates the chance to question the answer key. According to this clause, any candidate could contest the official answer key between April 19 and April 21 by submitting an online form and providing supporting documentation (11:50 PM). The CMAT answer key will be updated if the validity of the claim is determined. After examining the raised complaints, the CMAT results and final answer key will be created.
CMAT Result Announcement
In February, the exam organisation distributes the CMAT results. The results will be made available online, and candidates can check their scores by visiting the official website. The CMAT score will be taken into account for admission to the academic year by various AICTE-Approved colleges, universities, and institutes. The scorecards for the candidates are simple to download and can be printed out.
- Consult the CMAT webpage at cmat.nta.ac.in.
- Click the button labelled “Download CMAT 2023 NTA Scorecard.”
- To check the result, provide all the necessary information, including the application number and password generated during CMAT 2023 registration.
- Now, candidates must input the security pin and captcha as instructed.
- Take a paper copy of the CMAT scorecard 2023 after downloading it.
CMAT Exam 2023 (Expected Cut Off)
The CMAT 2023 sectional cut off is the minimum score required for candidates to pass the exam and be admitted to an AICTE-approved management college. Here are the anticipated cuts off scores for CMAT 2023, listed by section:
|Section||CMAT 2023 Sectional
Cut Off (Expected)
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||50|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship||40|
Best Colleges Accepting CMAT Scores
|College Name||CMAT Cut off|
|We School Mumbai||99.06|
|Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai||60|
|Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Secunderabad||60|
|School of Communication and Management Studies, Cochin||75|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies, Pune||60|
|Pune University Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA DMS)||96.42|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||75|
|Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management, Bangalore||85|
|Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management
Development and Research, Mumbai
|Prestige Institute of Management, Gwalior||84|
|MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27|
|Lovely Professional University (MBA), Phagwara||80|
|Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Pune||60|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.2|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai||99.99|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||82|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow||60|
|IFIM Business School, Bangalore||85|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.8|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune||75|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||75|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||85|
|Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad||70|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School (ABBS), Bangalore||90|
Question: When will CMAT 2023 online registration open?
Answer: Beginning in January 2023, the CMAT 2023 Online Registration is anticipated. The complete application process will be done online at cmat.nta.nic.in, the official website.
Question: Who is in charge of the CMAT exam?
Answer: NTA (National Testing Agency) has been administering the CMAT exam since 2018. Prior to this, the test was administered by AICTE in accordance with guidelines provided by the Indian government.
Question: What number of levels of selection will the CMAT 2023 test have?
Answer: The CMAT 2023 exam will be administered in three stages: an entrance exam, a group discussion round, and a round of personal interviews.
Question: Will my CMAT scores be considered by IIMs?
Answer: IIMs will not take the CMAT exam results into consideration. For admission to MBA programmes, IIMs solely accept CAT scores. However, scores from the CMAT exam are accepted by numerous prestigious universities around the nation.
Question: What level of education is required to apply for the CMAT 2023 exam?
Answer: Candidates who intend to apply for the CMAT exam in 2023 must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Students in their last year are also able to apply.
Question: Is there any negative marking in cmat 2023?
Answer: Yes, according to the CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern, students will lose one mark for each incorrect response while receiving four points for each right response.
Question: Do I need to register before completing the CMAT application form?
Answer: Yes, candidates must register on the NTA website by providing their basic information before completing the CMAT application form 2023.
Question: Is CMAT Scores accepted by KJ Somaiya, Mumbai?
Answer: Yes, KJ Somaiya in Mumbai accepts CMAT exam scores. Some of the other top institutions in the nation, such as: take CMAT exam scores as well.
Question: Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- SIMSREE, Mumbai
- PUMBA, Pune
- XISS, Ranchi, and others.
Question: How many times is CMAT exam conducted every year?
Answer: The CMAT exam is offered once a year, typically in March or April. The CMAT 2023 exam will take place in a single shift in the final week of March of this year as well.
Question: Is the CMAT exam more difficult than other MBA examinations like the CAT?
Answer: The CMAT exam is not as challenging as the CAT exam. Given its modest complexity, applicants preparing for other management-related competitive tests like the CAT and XAT will find the CMAT to be simpler.
Question: Do 4 months of preparation for the CMAT exam suffice?
Answer: If you are able to dedicate about 6-7 hours every day, 4 months is a good length of time to study for the CMAT exam. Clearing fundamental concepts, practise problems from key CMAT curriculum subjects, and taking at least 20–25 mock exams and sample papers are all necessary components of CMAT preparation.
Question: What are the minimum eligibility qualification to apply for CMAT exam?
Answer: Must fulfill the basic minimum eligibility mentioned below to apply for CMAT:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- No upper age limit has been set by NTA
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with no minimum aggregate score criteria
- Final year students can also apply for CMAT exam.
Question: What is the time duration of CMAT exam?
Answer: The exam lasts 3 hours, or 180 minutes, if 100 MCQs are attempted in equal amounts over 5 sections. There is no time restriction on sections.
Question: How many questions are there in CMAT exam?
Answer: There are 100 questions in the CMAT 2023 exam as a whole. There are 5 sections with a total of 20 questions each, totaling 100 questions.
Question: What is the application fees for CMAT 2023?
Answer: The category-wise CMAT Application fee 2023 is:
- General: INR 2000
- OBC (NCL)/EWS: INR 1000
- SC/ ST/ PwD: INR 1000
Question: What should you do if the CMAT 2023 admit card is inconsistent?
Answer: You can get in touch with NTA CMAT customer service by phone or email if there is an error on your CMAT admission card 2023. The contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The customer service hotlines are 011-69227700 and 011-40759000.
Question: Are CMAT results accepted by IIMs for MBA admissions?
Answer: No, IIMs only accept CAT scores for MBA admissions. However, CMAT score is accepted by other top non-IIM colleges like JBIMS Mumbai, GIM Goa, XISS Ranchi, KJ Somaiya, PUMBA Pune, etc.
Question: What does a good CMAT score mean?
Answer: According to patterns in past year’s cut off scores, a CMAT score of 250 or more is regarded to be favourable for admission to the best MBA programmes at schools like ITM Navi Mumbai, JBIMS Mumbai, We School, MET Mumbai, XISS Ranchi, Acharya Business School, etc.
Question: Will NTA offer a service for CMAT 2023 form correction?
Answer: Yes, NTA will offer the CMAT 2023 form correction window in March 2023. Only a few days will the application form modification service be offered.
Question: What parts of the CMAT 2023 Syllabus are there?
Answer: The CMAT 2023 Syllabus consists of the following sections:
Number of Questions
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Question: Which offline coachings are the most effective for CMAT 2023 preparation?
Answer: The best offline coachings to prepare for CMAT 2023 are –
CMAT Coaching Center
Endeavor Careers Pvt. Ltd
Brilliant Academy of Learning
Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E.)
Erudite Educational Centre
Expert Educare Pvt. Ltd
Question: Which books are recommended for studying for the CMAT?
Answer: Some good books for CMAT 2023 preparation are –
Name of the Book
How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT
A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
R S Aggarwal
S K Verma
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
How to Prepare for VARC for CAT
Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay
Question: What are the top online tutoring programmes for CMAT 2023 preparation?
Answer: The best online coachings to prepare for CMAT 2023 are –
CMAT Coaching Center
T.I.M.E 4 Education
This Post Has 9 Comments
Pingback: WBJEE 2023 - Registration Dates (OUT), Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Important Topics and Books - College Sakha
Pingback: TS PGECET Exam 2023 : Exam Date , Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips, Syllabus, Top Colleges - College Sakha
Pingback: MBA in Digital Marketing : Eligibility , Salary , Job Scope , Entrance Exam , Admission Process , Subjects , Career , Top 20 colleges in India. - College Sakha
Pingback: MBA in Healthcare Management : Eligibility , Salary , Job Scope , Entrance Exam , Admission Process , Subjects , Career , Top 20 colleges in India. - College Sakha
Pingback: GMAT Exam Dates 2023: Dates, Registration, Fees, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern.
Pingback: SNAP Exam 2023: Dates, Registrations, Application Form, Fees, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Preparation, and Cutoffs - College Sakha
Pingback: MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Eligibility, Salary, Job Scope, Entrance Exam, Admission Process, Subjects, Career, Top 20 colleges in India. - College Sakha
Pingback: IIFT Exam Date 2023: Eligibility, Registrations, Syllabus, Sample Questions, Pattern, Study Guides, and Books - College Sakha
Pingback: MH CET Law Exam 2023 (3 & 5 Year LLB) - Dates (Out), Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Question Papers, Admit Card - College Sakha