Alagappa University Distance Education
It takes two hours to travel to Alagappa University Distance Education in Tamil Nadu’s Karaikudi from the airports of Madurai (IMX) and Tiruchirappalli (TRZ). All of the academic activities are housed on the 440-acre, lush and green campus. This university is one of many that the great philanthropist and advocate for education Dr. RM. Alagappa Chettiar founded back in the 1950s.
Alagappa University was established by a Special Act of the Government of Tamil Nadu in May 1985 with the goal of promoting research, development, and knowledge dissemination in a number of academic fields. The University Grants Commission (UGC) of India has granted Alagappa University recognition.
On its campus, the university has 44 Departments, 9 Centers, and 2 Constituent Colleges. The University is made up of 46 Affiliated Colleges that are situated in the Ramanathapuram and Sivaganga districts. In Kilakkarai and Paramakudi, respectively, there is one Autonomous College and one Alagappa University Model Constituent College of Arts and Sciences.
The university offers instruction in traditional, weekend, online, and collaborative formats. The University meets the needs of the roughly 1.12 lakh student population through all forms of education.
It has fruitful relationships with other academic institutions, research labs, and industrial establishments that promise a spectacular future as a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The university collaborates internationally with universities and institutions of higher education in nations like the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, China, Malaysia, and South Korea. The university creates and provides cutting-edge programs for international students. The attention of foreign teachers and students is drawn to 41 international exchange programs.
The university’s motto is “Excellence in Action,” and it keeps the goal of excellence in all areas of its operations in front of it.
The MHRD has undertaken numerous initiatives to promote quality education, and they anticipate that institutions will achieve high positions in a number of areas, including I Institutional Categorization by MHRD-UGC, (ii) Institutional Autonomy Status by MHRD-UGC, (iii) NIRF Rank within 50, (iv) Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) Grant, and (v) Institution of Emin
Numerous milestones have been reached by Alagappa University. Some of them are listed below;
- CGPA of 3.64 and an A+ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The first state university in Tamil Nadu to receive an A+ grade is Alagappa University.
- ranked second among the 12 State Universities in the country with Category-I Status after receiving Category-I status from the MHRD-UGC. In Tamil Nadu, it is the only State University to have achieved Category-I Status.
- Obtained status of autonomy (one among 60 Institutions in the country announced by MHRD).
- obtained the 28th-best ranking among Universities in the 2019 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings.
- ranked 104th in the QS BRICS Ranking, 20th in the QS India Ranking, and 216th in the QS Asia Ranking for 2019.
- In the category of Government Institutions, the University has earned the fourth spot in the Swachhta Ranking 2018 for the cleanest higher education institutions in the nation.
- Based on quality standards in higher education, the University has been certified to ISO 9001-2015.
- The University received the Silver Zone Award from the Indian Association for the Blind (IAB) for its outstanding achievement and outstanding contribution to the empowerment of people with visual challenges.
Faculty at Alagappa University Distance Education
- Sivakumar, M.D.
Qualifications for Professor, Department of Education: M.Sc., M.Ed., M.Phil., M.A., Ph.D.
Academic Experience: 28.6 Years Subject Expertise: Environmental Education, Biology Education, and Educational Technology
Dr. E. Kannapiran is a professor in the department of zoology. She has a B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., and Ph.D. and her area of expertise is marine microbiology.
N. Sengottuvelan, M.D.
Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Ed., Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department
Subject Specializations: Bio-Inorganic Chemistry, Material Chemistry Years of Education: 8
Dr. M. Jothi Basu is an assistant professor in the department of botany. She has an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. in the field of plant-microbe interactions.
9 Years of Academic Experience
Dr. G. Selvakumar Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology Degrees: M.Sc., Ph.D. Areas of Specialization: Microbial Technology Years of Education: 19
Dr. R. Sivakumar is an assistant professor in the department of physics with an M.Sc., M.Phil., and Ph.D. in semiconductor materials and transition metals.
8 years of academic experience
Dr. S. Leo Stanly is an associate professor in the department of education. He has a Ph.D. in education and an M.Sc. in mathematics (Edn)
E-learning Modules with Subject Expertise
18 years of academic experience
Qualifications of Dr. R. Ganapathi, Assistant Professor in the Department of Commerce: M.Com., M.B.A., M.Phil., PGDCA, Ph.D.
Marketing, human resources management, and finance are your areas of expertise.
17 years of the academic experience
Top MBA Entrance Exam
The following scholarships are made available to students by the state and federal governments.
- State Government Scholarships for SC/ST
- Full Fee Waiver SC/ST BC/MBC Half-Price Discount
- BC/MBC State-sponsored scholarships
- JRF/SRF Fellowship from the UGC/CSIR
- CSIR, DBT, OBC, and RGNF Fellowship
- Fellowship DST INSPIRE
- UGC Single Girl Child Moulana Azad Fellowship by Rajiv Gandhi
- Kothari Fellowship for Indira Gandhi’s Single Girl Children
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and SN Bose Fellow receive VOC/PMT Scholarships.
As part of the 77th-anniversary celebrations for the Alagappa College of Technology, Governor R. N. Ravi presented awards to 13 deserving former students on Saturday.
M.S. Ananth from the 1967 batch, K.P. Mohandas Rao from 1957, N. Shankar from 1965, J. Venkat Rao from 1970, M. M. Murugappan from 1976, and Jonnalagadda Raghava Rao were among the award recipients for the year 2020. (1984).
The prizewinners for 2021 included Venkatasamy Raja Sreenivasan (1984), Ram Shankar Subramanian (1968), Arun Bijur (1969), Sukumar Devotta (1971), and Y. Gee. Mahendra (1971), Rangarajan Srinivasagopalan (1979), and Rangarajan Srinivasagopalan (1984). (1984).
The award winners and industrialists will speak on the two days about the “roadmap to excellence,” which will be followed by a seminar and “panel discussions” with knowledgeable entrepreneurs.
Top 15 Online/Distance MBA Colleges in India 2023
Alagappa University Distance Education Courses
₹13,500 (1st Year Fees)
Graduation with 50% + CAT
₹5,000 (1st Year Fees)
₹16,500 (1st Year Fees)
10+2 or Graduation
₹7,500 (1st Year Fees)
₹15,000 (Total Fees)
₹10,500 (1st Year Fees)
Graduation with 50% + TANCET
₹19,000 (1st Year Fees)
Online MBA from Alagappa University Distance Education
For MBA admission in 2021, Alagappa University is currently accepting applications. The application form must be completed and submitted by June 20, 2021. The university will reveal the dates for the MBA entrance exam after the application period. Check Admissions to Alagappa University for 2022.
Alagappa University MBA Course Highlights
- Alagappa University, the Directorate of Distance Education, and the Alagappa Institute of Management each offer 20 specialisations for their MBA programme.
- French is one of the foreign languages available to study in the first semester of the MBA in Tourism Management.
- MBA At the conclusion of their second semester, Alagappa University students participate in a Summer Internship programme that lasts at least two months. The hiring of students is based on a monthly stipend.
- The university charges INR 13,500 (First Year Fees) for all MBA programs with the exception of the MBA General, MBA (Retail Management), and MBA (Logistics). Academic first-year fees for these three courses are INR 20,500.
- Alagappa Institute of Management, which offers pre-final semester campus placements, has a placement rate of 96%. Leading employers include HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Hyundai Motors, Wipro, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, Airtel Communications Pvt. Ltd., Reliance Insurance, and numerous others.
- The NIRF placed Alagappa University in 36th place for Universities in 2020.
Online MBA From ALAGAPPA University
What exactly is an online MBA?
Online MBA programmes are increasingly popular among working adults seeking a master’s degree in business administration. Online MBA courses are especially beneficial for those who want to earn a degree while continuing to work. Students can pursue an online MBA while also working. Students will receive assistance and advice from their mentors while pursuing an MBA. Online MBA courses in India assist students in developing the skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in the business sector.
Because there are currently only a few top colleges for online MBA in India, online MBA programmes are a relatively new phenomenon in the higher education system. We have listed some of the best online MBA universities and colleges in India in the table below.
Top Colleges with Online MBA Programs
Anna University Online MBA
IMT Ghaziabad Online MBA
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies Online MBA
GLA University Online MBA
BSAU Online MBA
Dr DY Patil University Online MBA
Amity University Online MBA
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education Online MBA
Chandigarh University Online MBA
Jain University Online MBA
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Online MBA
OP Jindal Global University Online MBA
What is the Full Form of an Online MBA?
The term “online MBA” refers to an online master’s degree in business administration. A distance MBA is very similar to an online MBA. Classes are not offered on a regular basis in the Distance MBA programme. They are typically scheduled on weekends. However, in the case of an MBA degree online, classes are delivered to students via the internet at their leisure. Online MBA programmes concentrate on developing the skills and knowledge required for careers in the business sector. Candidates enrolled in an online MBA programme can learn more about the fundamentals of business management, such as big picture thinking and strategic decision making.
Structure of Online MBA Fees
The fee structure for an online MBA may differ depending on the institution where this master’s degree is offered. Other fees may be added to the cost of an online MBA. For the entire course, the online MBA fee ranges from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 500,000. It may also include various fees for the services provided by the colleges.
Why Should You Take an Online MBA Course?
Online MBA courses can provide many other benefits aside from honing skills and providing credentials to secure a great career opportunity. The majority of online MBA programmes in India offer the same curriculum and faculty members as on-campus programmes. Online formats, according to critics, reduce face-to-face contact with students. Most online MBA programmes offered by reputable universities include events and projects to help bridge this gap.
Most online MBA programmes in India take 14-18 months to complete. Students can benefit from a flexible study schedule as well as the ability to interact with classmates and professors from anywhere in the world. Another advantage of online MBA courses is that they allow students with limited time to complete their studies.
Online MBA Admissions Exams
When it comes to Online MBA admission, many schools only look at graduation grades rather than entrance exam scores. The following exams are used to admit students to most online MBA programmes. Although taking the admission test on the basis of the entrance score is not required, some schools only consider the graduation marks.
MBA Specializations Available Online
Not all business schools provide Online MBA specialisations, and some provide different types of Online MBA. There are numerous Online MBA specialisations from which to choose. If you are looking for Online MBA specialisations, there is a list of over 80 Online MBA specialisations that you can choose from after completing courses that match your career goals. Online MBA colleges provide PGP, MBA, Distance MBA, Executive MBA, and PGDM courses with specialisation in the following domains.
- The following qualifications must be met by applicants to the MBA program at Alagappa University:
- For general candidates, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university must have been earned with a minimum cumulative score of 50%.
- For SC/ST candidates, the overall score must be 45 percent.
- must have achieved success on the CAT, XAT, MAT, or Alagappa University’s entrance exam.
Top MBA Specialization in India 2023
Admission Process at Alagappa University Distance Education
- The applicant may apply for admission directly to the University or via any of the recognized Learning Centers. The website provides a list of approved learning centers: alagappa University
- The course materials will be sent directly to the candidates if they enrolled directly with the university, and they are only required to attend the contact classes in Karaikudi.
- The course materials will be sent directly through the learning centers if the candidates enroll, and they will be required to attend the contact classes, which are run by the learning centers at their locations.
- admission directly through the university
- The completed application must be accompanied by the following documents.
- the original HSC/Diploma/Degree/Provisional Certificate, as well as a copy certified by a Gazetted Officer, are requirements for admission. (Original Certificates will be given back right away following verification.)
- Stamp-sized photo and signature on a student index card.
- Demand Draft payable at any bank in Karaikudi in the amount of the prescribed total fee, made out to the Director, DDE, Alagappa University.
- Admission to any of the courses at this university does not require a Transfer Certificate. For candidates who request one, a “Course Completion Certificate” may be given.
- The Transfer Certificate can be given only when the following documents are to be given: by post (or) In person (candidate only).
Alagappa University Distance Education Fees
M.B.A. (International Business)
M.B.A. (Banking and Finance)
M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)
M.B.A. (Project Management)
M.B.A. (Hospital Management)
M.B.A. (Human Resource Management) *
M.B.A. (Education Management)
Placement at Alagappa University Distance Education
Alagappa University has a specialized Placement-cum-Training cell that offers adequate training and assistance in acquiring the skills and knowledge to get employment from both inside and outside the university. The Placement Cell collaborates with various training organisations, including Mafoi Randstad Academy Ltd., HDL Solutions, Action DNA, and others, to organize various training programs. These are a few of the training programs:
- Programs for Developing Soft Skills
- Programs for Corporate Interaction
- discussions in groups and interviews
- Interviews on campuses and mock interviews
- After the second semester is over, all MBA students are required to complete a summer internship during which they are paid.
The only requirement for admission to the distance MBA programme is that the applicant hold a degree from one of the recognised 10+2+3 universities.
Ques.1.Is the Alagappa Online MBA Program Value-For-Money?
Ans:- Alagappa University offers a two-year MBA program via distance learning. The University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), New Delhi, has approved the course. This university’s distance MBA program offers several benefits, such as an up-to-date curriculum, affordable tuition, twice-yearly exams, and numerous testing locations throughout Tamil Nadu. Alagappa University’s distance MBA program is worthwhile.
Ques.2. How does one go about applying to this program?
Ans:- The Admissions are held twice a year, once in January and February and once in May. (during July-August). The applicant must provide a Rs 300 DD drawn in their favor and addressed to “The Director, DDE, Alagappa University.” The next step is for him or her to send photocopies of the necessary documents to Alagappa University’s Director of Distance Education.
Ques.3. If I sign up for a distance MBA, can I go to Alagappa University physically afterward?
Ans: Although there are no traditional classes for the distance MBA program at Alagappa University, students are free to come and go as they please.
Ques.4. Is an MBA earned online from Alagappa accepted worldwide?
Ans: The distance MBA degree from Alagappa University is well recognized internationally because the institution is accredited by the University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB), New Delhi.
Ques.5.Is Alagappa University’s distance MBA placement score the best?
Ans:- Alagappa University offers its students better placement. For its students, the college arranges internships. In essence, the main hiring sources for this Institute are the insurance companies.
Ques6. Is Alagappa University recognized?
Ans. Yes. Government-approved Alagappa University has received Grade A+ from NAAC for accreditation.
Ques7. How can I apply for the MBA program at Alagappa University?
Ans. Candidates must submit their online MBA program applications. An entrance exam, followed by GD and PI rounds, is the basis for admission to the MBA program.
Ques8. What are the courses offered by Alagappa University?
Ans. Programs at the undergraduate, graduate and certificate levels are available through Alagappa University in the areas of arts, commerce, science, management, education, etc.
Ques9. What is the admission procedure at Alagappa University?
Ans. Alagappa University admission 2022 is based on entrance and merit, depending upon the nature of the program.
Ques10. Does Alagappa University offer placements to students?
Ans. According to the NIRF report 2022, 11 UG (3 years) and 80 PG (2 years) students from Alagappa University were placed during placements in 2021.
Ques11. Does Alagappa University offer scholarships to students?
Ans. Students may apply for merit-based scholarships at Alagappa University. Additionally, it provides eligible candidates with full scholarships that waive all tuition fees.
Ques12. What is the mode of application at Alagappa University?
Ans. Online applications are accepted at Alagappa University. The application fee for entrance-based programs is INR 500 (Rs 250 for SC/ST category applicants), INR 300 (Rs 150 for reserved category applicants) for non-entrance-based programs and PG diplomas, INR 200 (Rs 100 for reserved category applicants) for undergraduate and five-year integrated programs, and INR 100 for diploma and certificate programs.
Ques13. What are the facilities offered by Alagappa University?
Ans. Modern academic facilities are available at Alagappa University, coupled with a facility for both boys’ and girls’ dorms. Additional amenities include a startup/incubation cell, skill development, a library/reference center for competitive exams, a solar park, an indoor gym, sports, healthcare, etc.
Ques14. How many departments does Alagappa University have?
Ans. There are 4 faculties and a total of 50 departments at Alagappa University spread among 12 schools and institutes. Arts, Science, Management, and Education are all represented on the faculty.
Ques15: Alagappa University Online/Distance MBA Fees
Ans. Alagappa University Distance MBA Fee is Rs. 13200 per year.
Ques16: WHY DISTANCE/Online MBA IS GOOD FROM Alagappa University?
Ans. One of the best and most renowned institutions of higher learning for distance learning is Alagappa University.
Ques17: What are the Eligibility Criteria for MBA/PGDM at Alagappa University?
Ans. Bachelor’s degree in any field with a cumulative GPA of 50% (45% for restricted categories)
Ques18: Is Alagappa University University Recognised?
Ans. The University Grants Commission (UGC) of India has granted Alagappa University recognition.
Ques19: Does Alagappa University Accept CAT Score?
Ans. No, you are not required to take the CAT exam to be admitted to the Master of Business Administration program at Alagappa University.