#Decision Right Career Bright
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate programmes in India and around the world. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The majority of managerial level positions across industries and domains call for an MBA, which is why many BTech, BBA, BCom, BA, BSc, and BCA graduates now pursue. an MBA after graduation.
MBA admission is based on MBA entrance exams, which are followed by a round of personality assessments (Group Discussion or GD, Written Ability Test or WAT and Personal Interview or PI). In order to pursue an MBA programme, students must typically have at least a 50% average in their undergraduate degree from any discipline. The most common MBA entrance exams are the CAT, GMAT, and XAT as well as others. Some of the top MBA colleges in India that accept admission through these exams are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, XLRI, and ISB. The MBA fee generally ranges between INR 10-25 lakh depending on the college, but there are some very popular top colleges where the course fee is much lower than FMS Delhi and JBIMS Mumbai, for example, charge INR 10 lakh.
What exactly is an MBA?
The MBA programme is a management and marketing-focused academic programme.It addresses issues such as organisational behaviour, marketing, management principles, supply chain management, and operations management, among others.Amazon, Apple, Bain & Company, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, and Accenture are a few of the top MBA recruiters. MBA graduates are frequently qualified for positions such as Finance Manager, Product Manager, Strategy Manager, Human Resources Manager, and other middle management positions. Students who successfully complete the MBA programme can anticipate annual salaries ranging from INR 8 lakh to INR 30 lakh.
MBA Admission 2022
Top MBA Specialisations
Top MBA Colleges
MBA Program Overview
MBA is a two-year degree programme that can be pursued only after graduating from high school. The table below summarises the key highlights of the MBA programme:
MBA Full Form
Master of Business Administration
Types of MBA
Full-time, part-time, distance, online, executive, and integrated MBA programmes are available.
MBA Course Fee
INR 2 lakh to INR 27 lakh and more
MBA Admission Process
Entrance Exam+ Group Discussion+ Personal Interview
Top MBA Entrance Exams
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, ATMA, IIFT, IBSAT
Top MBA Colleges
There are 5000+ colleges in India offering Full-Time MBA.Among the most popular colleges are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, XLRI, IIM Indore, and IIM Kozhikode.
Top MBA Specialisations
Sales, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, digital marketing, and business analytics are all areas of expertise.
Average Salary post MBA
Per year, INR 5 lakh to 25 lakh
Top Recruiters post MBA
Mckinsey, Bain & Company, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others.
MBA Program Highlights
- MBA is a popular course because it is open to students from all disciplines, including science, business, and humanities.
- A typical MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four or six semesters. There are, however, some private institutes that offer one-year PGDM programmes.
- MBA programmes are available in a variety of formats, including full-time, part-time, online, and distance education. Interested candidates can also find programmes tailored to their professional experience, such as Executive MBA programmes.
- Instead of an MBA, many management institutes offer a Post-Graduation Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD), or Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management. There isn’t much of a difference between the two, aside from the recognition.
- Among all education modes, the full-time MBA is the most popular. Theory classes, practical projects, student exchange programmes, summer internships, and final placements are all part of a full-time MBA programme.
- A full-time MBA is preferred by recent graduates as well as candidates with a few years of work experience. Some colleges prefer recent graduates, while others prefer candidates with a few years of work experience.
- The Executive MBA, on the other hand, is appropriate for candidates with 5 or more years of work experience because it is designed to improve their managerial and leadership skills to maintain a competitive edge on the job market.
- For candidates who want to study while working, online MBA, part-time MBA, and distance MBA programmes are ideal.
Why Do an MBA?
The most straightforward answer is to advance your career. Given that we live in a world with fierce competition in the business world and job market, one must be equipped with managerial skills and leadership qualities in order to make multiple contributions to the organisation. Knowing how to manage a business will be advantageous if you are an expert in your field.When starting a business or changing careers, an MBA degree is a valuable asset. Some of the advantages of an MBA degree include:
- Better Job Opportunities
- Increased Pay
- Creating an Industry Network
- Improve Your Management Skills
- Improve Your Leadership Skills
- Global Business and Economic Exposure
- Development of Entrepreneurial Skills
What Are the Different Types of MBA Programs?
MBA programmes are available in a variety of modes and formats. Traditionally, Full-Time MBA programmes of two years duration have been the most popular among management aspirants; however, due to flexibility, Executive MBA and Online MBA programmes have grown in popularity in recent years. Read on for some key highlights of each MBA type:
- Full-Time MBA: Full-Time MBA is a two-year regular MBA programme. It is a residential programme that includes physical classes, live projects, semester-by-semester evaluation, a summer internship, and final placements. There are about 5000 full-time MBA colleges in India. On average, tuition fees range from INR 2 lakh to INR 25 lakh.
- Part-Time MBA: This is not a residential programme and is best suited for working professionals who want to learn key managerial skills. In part-time MBA programmes, there are no opportunities for campus placement or internships. Both public and private colleges provide part-time MBA programmes. programmes. In India, there are approximately 300 Part-Time MBA colleges. The course fee ranges from INR 1 lakh to INR 10 lakh. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Part-Time MBA
- MBA via distance: Distance MBA candidates complete the programme through remote communication and correspondence. Because it is inexpensive and flexible, the course is ideal for people with limited time and resources. There is an option to complete the course in two to five years.. In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges In India, there are over 490 Distance MBA colleges. IGNOU is the most popular. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Distance MBA
- Online MBA: Because of its convenience and flexibility, this is currently the most popular mode of MBA programme. Lectures are delivered via video conferencing in Online MBA programmes, and notes, tests, and assessments are stored in a Learning Management System (LMS). Because there are no physical classes in Online MBA, one can study in one city while living in another.There are no restrictions on attendance because the lectures are recorded and saved in the LMS.. In India, there are approximately 170 Online MBA colleges, the majority of which are private institutions. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Online MBA
- Executive MBA: This programme is designed specifically for working professionals with more than five years of experience. The curriculum is similar to that of a Full-Time MBA, but it is shorter in duration (15 to 19 months). Executive MBA programmes are expensive, and some companies offer candidate sponsorship. In India, there are approximately 440 Executive MBA Colleges. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Executive MBA
- 5 year-Integrated MBA: This is a five-year dual degree programme that includes both an undergraduate and a graduate degree. After class 12, students can pursue an integrated MBA degree. Candidates who choose management as a career early on can pursue an Integrated MBA, which is a BBA+MBA or BTech+MBA programme. Top institutes such as IIM Rohtak, IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, NMIMS, Xavier University, and Nirma University, among others, offer the Integrated MBA programme. Learn Everything There Is to Know About Integrated MBA
MBA Study Abroad
To pursue an MBA abroad, candidates must take a slightly different path than usual. For MBA abroad admission, they must take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) as well as the language proficiency tests Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Academic requirements for MBA programmes abroad are the same as for domestic programmes, with a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation or equivalent from a recognised university. Most MBA programmes abroad require three to five years of work experience.
Pursuing an MBA abroad is expensive. The total cost of the course could range between INR 80 lakh and INR 1 crore. The most popular countries for an MBA abroad are the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Germany and New Zealand.
MBA Eligibility Requirements
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for a full-time MBA:
- Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university is the basic eligibility criteria for MBA (full-time).
- Most institutes adhere to the graduation minimum score criteria of 50% in average or equivalent.
- Reserved category students must have a minimum aggregate score of 45 percent.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for MBA, provided they present proof of completion of their Graduation degree within the time frame specified by the institute.
- MBA programmes are available to professionals with CA/CS/ICWAI and other degrees
A manager is expected to lead a team of professionals, so good communication and leadership skills are essential for a successful manager. Consider the following skills when applying for an MBA/PGDM:
Full-time MBA: Required Skillset
Good communication skills
Strong mathematical skills
Eye for detail
Goal-oriented & ability to work under pressure
Admissions to MBA Programs
Admission to all B-schools is typically done through an entrance exam. The test can be of the following varieties:
- National-Level Exam administered on behalf of the other participating colleges by an apex testing body or a top national B-school.CAT, MAT, CMAT, or ATMA are a few examples.
- State-Level Exam administered by a state testing body or a top state B-school on behalf of the state’s other participating colleges. For example, MAH-CET, OJEE, KMAT, TANCET, or APICET.
- For admission to its own MBA programme, the Institute-Level Test is administered. Other B-schools may accept these scores as a qualifying criterion in some cases. XAT, NMAT, SNAP, and IBSAT are a few examples.
- A university-conducted test for admission to MBA programmes offered by colleges affiliated with it.KIITEE, LUMET, and HPU MAT are a few examples.
The qualifying exam is followed by a second level screening round conducted by the college, which typically includes WAT-GD-PI. The final decision is based on the candidate’s overall performance in academics, the entrance exam, and the WAT-GD-PI.
Which are the Best MBA Entrance Exams?
MBA admission to Tier 1 and Tier 2 B-Schools is based on the results of the entrance exam. The top MBA exams that are valid for admission to various B-schools, as well as their application deadlines for the upcoming academic session, are listed below:
MBA Exam Name
Over (last date was September 21, 2022)
CAT application form
To be announced
CMAT application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
SNAP application form
Underway (last date is November 24, 2022)
IIFT application form
Underway (last date is November 30, 2022)
XAT application form
Underway (Last date December 13, 2022)
MAT application form
Over ( last date was October 10, 2022)
NMAT application form
To be announced
ATMA application form
MBA Admissions 2022: Deadline for Applications
MBA candidates with relevant entrance test scores can apply for admission to business schools for the current academic year. Some of the most prestigious private business schools are now accepting applications for their MBA/PGDM programmes. The table below displays the application status of some of India’s most prestigious MBA programmes.
Exam Score Accepted
Application status MBA/PGDM 2022 batch
International Management Institute, Kolkata
CAT, XAT, GMAT
International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar
CAT, XAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
FMS Delhi University
IIFT Entrance Exam
Great Lakes Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT
Symbiosis International University (Deemed)
Vijay Patil School of Management
CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, AIET
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, KIITEE MBA
Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
CAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, SNAP, KMAT, MAT, CMAT, IBSAT, ALLIANCE-AMAT
Crescent School of Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, TANCET and CSBAT
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT
Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
JK Business School
CAT, MAT, CMAT
ITM Business School
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAH-CET
Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute Of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA
Thiagarajar School of Management
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, ATMA
Jaipuria Institute of Management
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA
Fortune Institute of International Business
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT
EMPI Business School
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA
Lloyd Business School Noida
CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT
CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, MAH-CET, GMAT
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MAT
Indian School of Business (ISB)
IFMR – Sri City Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR GSB)
CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, GRE
Examine the Top MBA Colleges
In terms of acceptance, the CAT and CMAT are India’s two most important MBA entrance exams. The results of these two exams are accepted by over 1000 business schools in India. Over 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT and ATMA exam scores. Check out the table below for the top MBA colleges based on entrance exam:
MBA Colleges by Exam
Colleges Accepting CAT
Colleges Accepting ATMA
Colleges Accepting MAT
Colleges Accepting GMAT
Colleges Accepting XAT
Colleges Accepting MAHCET
Colleges Accepting CMAT
Colleges Accepting TANCET MBA
Colleges Accepting NMAT by GMAC
Colleges Accepting OJEE
What is the MBA Curriculum?
MBA students are exposed to a wide range of subjects. Students in a two-year MBA programme begin with core curriculum such as Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, and Management Principles, to name a few. They are exposed to subjects such as Entrepreneurship and Business Law in their second year. MBA colleges classify these subjects as core and electives, and students can choose between the electives. Some of the subjects covered in the MBA programme are as follows:
- Human resource administration
- Business strategy
- Finance administration
- Management principles
- Business regulations
- Communication abilities
- Communication in Business
- Computer Software
- Taxation of organisational behaviour
- Retail administration
- Economics Business Environment Project Work
Semester-by-Semester MBA Syllabus
The standard MBA programme is divided into four to six semesters over the course of two years. The MBA subjects for each semester are listed below:
MBA Syllabus Semester I
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
MBA Syllabus Semester II
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Economic Environment of Business
Management of Information System
MBA Syllabus Semester III
Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
MBA Syllabus Semester IV
International Business Environment
What are the Top MBA Specializations?
Aside from the standard MBA programme, candidates can pursue an MBA with a specialisation in a specific field. Candidates have a variety of MBA specialisation options in India. Every candidate should choose a branch or specialisation in their MBA programme because it better prepares them for specific domains such as Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Sales, and Marketing, to name a few. The following are the most popular MBA specialisations:
List of MBA specialisations
Agriculture & Food Business
Oil & Gas
Energy & Environment
Import & Export
IT & Systems
Healthcare & Hospital
Transport & Logistics
What are the best MBA programmes in India?
In India, there are approximately 5,000 MBA colleges. One can select an MBA college based on their interest in a specific MBA specialisation, location, fees, infrastructure, placements, and entrance exam scores. Most top-ranked and Tier-1 MBA programmes are difficult to get into due to their stringent admissions criteria. They select the best of the best, so passing the CAT or GMAT with high marks is essential.
Admission to a Tier-2 or Tier-3 MBA programme, on the other hand, is much easier. Their admission cut-offs are lower than those of the IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR, FMS, IMT, and other prestigious institutions. Check out the top MBA colleges by location and entrance exams in the section below:
View the Top MBA Schools by Location
Although Pune and Bangalore are considered MBA education hubs, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Delhi also have some of the top ranked B-Schools. Check out the tables below for the best MBA schools by location.
What are the best MBA programmes in Mumbai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Mumbai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai
SIMSREE – Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Management Research
ICFAI Business School Mumbai
VIT Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
SIES College of Management Studies
What are the best MBA programmes in Delhi?
The top ten MBA colleges in Delhi are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi-NCR
FMS, Delhi University
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
BIMTECH Greater Noida
BML Munjal University School of Management
Amity University, Noida
Fore School of Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Bangalore?
The top ten MBA colleges in Bangalore are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore
ISBR Business School
Regional College of Management
Indian Institute of Plantation Management
Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology (AIT), Bangalore
What are the best MBA programmes in Pune?
The top ten MBA colleges in Pune are listed below. See the complete list
Top MBA Colleges in Pune
Dept of Mgt Sciences, Pune University
National Institute of Bank Management
National Insurance Academy
Indira Institute of Management IIMP
Pune Institute of Business Management
Symbiosis Institute of Digital & Telecom Management
Singhad Institute of Management
Symbiosis Centre For Information Technology
Balaji Institute of Modern Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Chennai?
The top ten MBA colleges in Chennai are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
SSN School of Management
Loyola Institute of Technology
University of Madras
MOP Vaishnav College for Women
SRM School of Management
SRM Easwari Engineering College
School of Management DG Vaishnav College
What are the best MBA programmes in Kolkata?
The following are the top ten MBA colleges in Kolkata.. For the complete list
Top MBA colleges in Kolkata
St Xavier’s University
Institute of Engineering & Management
Praxis Business Schools
United world School of Business
Globsyn Business School
What are the best MBA programmes in Hyderabad?
Given below is the list of top 10 MBA colleges in Hyderabad. For a complete list, see
MBA colleges in Hyderabad
ICFAI Business School
Institute of Public Entreprise
Badruka College Post Graduate Centre
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
NMIMS University, Hyderabad
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
Institute of Management Technology
Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management
What are the best MBA programmes in Ahmedabad?
The top ten MBA colleges in Ahmedabad are listed below. For a complete list, see
Top MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad
Institute of Management Nirma University
Amrut Mody School of Management
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies
BK School of Business Management
Narayana Business School
Shanti Business School
ICFAI Business School, Sarkhej
LJ Institute of Management Studies
MBA Job Roles and Salary Information
An MBA degree holder is qualified for positions such as team leader and department manager. A manager’s job description includes planning, strategizing, and executing projects, leading a team, liaising with clients, coordinating with other departments, delegating work and responsibilities, and reporting to higher authorities on projects completed. The following are some of the most popular job options after an MBA, along with their corresponding salaries:
Average salary (INR)
Human Resources Manager
Data Analytics Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Advertising Sales Manager
Transport & Logistics Manager
International Business Manager
Energy & Environment Manager
Import & Export Manager
IT & Systems Manager
Healthcare & Hospital Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Public Policy Manager
Top MBA Colleges in India for Job Opportunities
The top 30 MBA colleges in India according to the MHRD-NIRF rankings for 2021 are listed below. Also included are the average CTCs offered during the most recent campus placements.
MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2021
Average CTC 2021 (INR)
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Rs 21.08 LPA
Rs 5 LPA
MBA Scope: Top Companies and Recruiters
In today’s job market, the scope of an MBA is vast. MBA graduates are in high demand across all industries and domains. Most MBA institutes offer campus placement to their students upon completion of the full-time MBA programme to ensure a smooth start to their career.
MBA degree holders are employed in a variety of capacities by all organisations, large and small, private and public. The following are a few of the top companies that hire MBA graduates through campus placements:
MBA Scope: Top Companies
Larsen & Tubro
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
McKinsey & Company
Aditya Birla Group
MBA Course Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What exactly is an MBA?
A: An MBA is a two-year postgraduate degree programme in business administration and management. The course provides knowledge and training for running a business successfully. Organizational behaviour, finance management, marketing management, operations management, human resource management, business communication, and other topics are covered.
Q: What is the full form of MBA?
A: MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The course originated in the United States around a century ago and arrived in India in the 1950s. The Indian Institute of Social Welfare And Business Management, or IISWBM, is India’s oldest MBA college. It was founded in 1953.
Q: What is the distinction between an MBA and a PGDM?
A: A degree is awarded to students who complete the MBA programme, while a diploma is awarded to students who complete the PGDM programme. However, the skills and training provided by a degree and a diploma are identical.
Q: What is the best MBA programme?
A: All MBA courses or specialisations provide excellent opportunities for students interested in business management. However, the best MBA programme is entirely dependent on the candidates and their interests.MBA programmes in Sales and Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology are among the best in India.
Q: What are the best MBA programmes in India?
A: The IIMs of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta are among the best MBA programmes in India. Apart from these three, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, IMT Ghaziabad, JBMIS, NMIMS, IBS Hyderabad, GIM Goa, GLIM, and others are available. Click here for a list of all top MBA colleges in India.
Q: What are the MBA eligibility requirements?
A: The graduation requirement is the MBA eligibility criteria. Many colleges, however, require minimum aggregate marks in Graduation (50 percent for general candidates and 45 percent for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent from a recognised university.
Q: How do I get into an MBA programme?
A: The MBA application process consists of an entrance exam, a group discussion, and a personal interview. Many colleges only admit students based on their graduation grade. To be admitted to an MBA programme, candidates must fill out an application form and go through the admissions process.
Q: Do I have to take an entrance exam for MBA admission?
A: The majority of Tier-1 and Tier-2 MBA institutes in India accept candidates based on their MBA entrance exam scores. So, if you want to pursue an MBA from a reputable MBA college, you must take an entrance exam.
Q: How long is the MBA programme?
A: The MBA programme lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. This course includes a summer internship after the first year. Candidates are given the opportunity to participate in the placements process in their final year to begin their career.
Q: I have a Bachelor of Arts. Which MBA concentration is right for me?
A: Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality, Advertising & PR, Entrepreneurship, and General MBA are the best MBA specialisations for Bachelor of Arts degree holders.
Q: Can I get an MBA by correspondence?
A: Yes, many universities, including IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Osmania University, offer correspondence MBA programmes (distance education mode). Many private universities also offer online MBA programmes that you can enrol in.
Q: Will I get a good job after finishing my MBA programme?
A: Yes, most MBA programmes offer students job placement at the end of the programme. Check to see if the college you want to attend has a placement cell to ensure you get a job. Check out its placement reports to find out which companies participate in campus placement.
Top MBA Specialization in India
IBSAT Exam 2023 (Everything You need to know)
- Candidates who did not complete their undergraduate or graduate degrees from an English-medium institution must submit their TOEFL, NELT, or IELTS scores.
- Only applications that are filed within the required window of time will be processed.
- Candidates will be assigned an exam location based on the selections they indicated on their application forms, subject to availability.
- Those who arrive late for a GD, PI, or another selection-related event selection-related event will not be considered.
- The deadline for applications varies depending on whether the applicant wants to take the IBSAT or is applying based on their CAT, GMAT, or NMAT score. Examine the deadlines thoroughly.
You Can Also Check
IBSAT Exam 2023 (important Dates)
The following table lists the precise dates for IBSAT 2023:
|Availability of online
|July 2022, 1st week|
|Beginning of slot booking||December 2022, 2nd week|
|February 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of GD/ PI||January 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||January 2023, 1st week|
|Entrance exam date||January 2023 1st week|
|Issue of admit card||December 2022, 4th week|
|Last date to submit application with
CAT/ GMAT/ NMAT score
|December 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date to submit the
|December 2022, 2nd week|
You Can Also Check
IBSAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Below are the program-specific eligibility requirements for taking the IBSAT 2023 exam:
MBA/PGPM 2-year management program:
- It is necessary to graduate from a reputable university in any discipline with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50% and English as the primary language of instruction.
- On a 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis, all applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of study.
Master’s degree in management:
- The candidates must have earned a bachelor’s degree in any field from a reputable university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50% and English as the primary language of instruction.
- A full-time postgraduate degree in management with a concentration in marketing, finance, human resource management, or operations from a recognized university is also necessary, along with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 55 percent.
- Those with a full-time postgraduate degree in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Statistics, Sociology, Public Administration, Mathematics, or a related field are also qualified, but they must first complete the first year of the MBA program’s required courses.
- Candidates that have a professional degree such as a CFA, CA, CWA, or CS and have earned at least a 55 percent aggregate mark may also apply.
- Each applicant must have successfully completed at least 17 years of formal education (10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2).
Ph.D. in Economics program:
- Candidates must have a graduation grade point average of at least 50% and a post-graduate degree in economics or a closely related field with a grade point average of at least 55% to be eligible.
- All applicants must have finished at least 17 years of formal education (10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2).
Top 15 Online/Distance MBA Colleges in India 2023
IBSAT Exam 2023 Syllabus
The conducting body will determine the topics that will be covered in the IBSAT syllabus. Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Data Adequacy, Verbal Ability, Analytical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension are the other four components of the examination paper.
The following is a list of the IBSAT exam’s syllabus:
- Algebra, Profit and Loss, Installment Payment, Venn Diagram, and other quantitative concepts Geometry of Coordinates
- Linear organization, causes, and effects, and data sufficiency and interpretation Interpreting Data Using Graphs and Tables, Visual Thinking
- Verbal ability: Using the same word twice, changing words, Completing the gaps, Syllogism, the odd one out Unorganized Paragraphs
IBSAT Exam 2023 (Exam Pattern and Test Structure)
In the section provided below, you may find information on the IBSAT exam pattern.
- Only English will be used as the medium of communication for the answer to the query.
- Duration: The paper will take two hours to finish.
- Each question will have five possible answers, and all of the questions will be multiple-choice.
- There will be a total of 120 questions that the candidate must answer.
- Sections: The candidate will need to complete 5 distinct sections.
- Marking Procedure: Each accurate response will get the candidate one mark.
Below is a short description of the IBSAT exam pattern for 2023.
- Exam type: online
- Exam length: 120 minutes
- There are 140 questions.
- Question types: objective kind
|Topics||No. of questions||Duration|
|Verbal Ability||50||2 hours|
|Data Adequacy &
IBSAT Exam Selection Process 2023
- For consideration in the final selection process, shortlisted candidates must successfully complete the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
- In addition, the candidates’ prior academic performance will be taken into account.
- The candidates will be chosen in the end based on their overall performance in the aptitude test, the GD & PI, and their previous academic performance.
- Before receiving final admission, those chosen must have their eligibility and supporting documentation checked.
- According on their rating and the availability of seats, candidates will be admitted to the campus of their choosing.
- For IBSAT 2023, there will be a single application that may be used by all IBS campuses. Candidates can register for the entrance exam by going to the www.ibsindia.org official website.
- The candidates must acquire an application number and password in order to obtain the application form.
- The candidates must fill out a registration form in order to obtain these credentials online. They will then receive an email with their application number and password.
- Candidates may also purchase an offline voucher and use the application number listed at the top as their login information and the voucher number located beneath the scratch-off area as their password.
- The application form will ask for personal information such as name, birth date, gender, nationality, residence, etc., as well as academic information such as qualifying year passing marks, marks earned, etc.
- Additionally, applicants must provide a photo in jpeg or gif format with a maximum file size of 25 KB and a maximum resolution of 140–160 pixels.
- Candidates seeking admissions based on the CAT, GMAT, or NMAT must give information regarding the exam in question.
- The candidates can submit their applications after giving the information requested in the application form.
- IBSAT 2023 application forms will cost Rs. 1800 each.
- To pay the application fee, you may use a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
IBSAT Admit Card 2023
- Candidates who have successfully registered may reserve a time slot for the entrance exam based on their convenience and availability.
- The students will be able to download their admission cards for taking the exam after booking a slot.
- Candidates should arrive at the exam center with a printout of their admission card and a valid form of identification.
- Without these documents, no one is allowed into the examination room.
- Candidates should safeguard their admit cards until the selection process is complete.
IBSAT Result Announcement
- The official website of the entrance exam, www.admissions.ibsindia.org, will host the online announcement of the results.
- Candidates will be required to provide their application number and password in order to view their results.
- Shortlisted candidates who pass the exam will be invited to the stage of group discussion and personal interviews.
- A list of these applicants will be created, and they will be invited to the GD/PI in accordance with the timing and location chosen by the administrators.
How To prepare for IBSAT Exam 2023?
See below for some useful IBSAT 2023 preparation advice:
- Create a schedule and give each subject an equal amount of time.
- View the exam’s official curriculum for further information.
- Use the best available books and study resources.
- Study the sample and practice papers from the previous year.
- Include in your preparation each and every subject covered by the syllabus.
- Look after your health and reduce stress.
Top MBA Specialization in India 2023
IBSAT Exam 2023 (Expected Cut Off)
The IBSAT 2023 cut-off will be made public after the announcement of the results. Shortlisted candidates for the GD-PI who fulfill the IBSAT cut-off will then be offered admission in its entirety.
For admission to the eight IBSAT campuses in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Gurugram, Bangalore, Dehradun, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata, the cut-off will be made public.
IBSAT 2023 Counseling
Beginning in the fourth week of February 2023, IBSAT 2023 counseling will begin. Every exam-qualified candidate will get online counseling as part of the authority’s counseling process.
A group discussion and individual interviews will be held with the shortlisted candidates. Those who pass these tests will be required to list their preferred courses and colleges. Based on their GD-PI performance, IBSAT performance, and seat availability, the seats will be filled. Candidates who have been chosen are invited to the campus for additional admissions procedures.
The following papers must be presented at the time of verification:
- Certificate and mark sheet for grades 10 and 12
- transfer authorization
- immigration permit
- IBSAT Scorecard IBSAT 2023 Admit Card
- CAT, NMAT, GMAC, and CMAT scorecard
- Character reference
- passport-sized pictures
Question: Is IBSAT score valid for 2 years?
Answer: IBSAT scores are only good for a year, not longer. For the school year 2023–2024, all 9 IBS campuses will accept IBSAT 2022 scores for admission.
Question: What is the MBA program fee at IBS Colleges?
Answer: The most expensive of the nine IBS campuses is IBS Hyderabad. IBS Hyderabad charges INR 16.02 lakhs for the complete MBA programme. The course fee for IBS Mumbai, Gurgaon, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad is INR 9.09 lakhs, whereas the charge for IBS Bangalore is INR 12.06 lakhs. The IBS campuses in Jaipur and Dehradun charge the lowest tuition—INR 6.03 lakhs.
Question: In the event that someone loses their login password, can it be changed?
Answer: Yes, a candidate can change the password by tapping on the forgot password link provided on the login page on the official website- ibsindia.org. Candidates need the login credentials to download the admit card and scorecard from the official website, hence it is important to keep the details safe.
Question: What mode is the IBSAT conducted in?
Answer: 95 test locations located in important Indian cities are used to administer the IBSAT in online CBT (Computer-Based Test) mode. Due to the risk posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the exam was conducted in online remote-proctored test mode the previous year.
Question: What number of questions are on the IBSAT exam? Is there any penalization?
Answer: The IBSAT exam consists of 140 questions in total. Each right response receives one mark. No points are deducted for wrong responses. As a result, applicants can answer all questions honestly without worrying about failing.
Question: What format does the IBSAT exam use?
Answer: Only the English language will be used for IBSAT 2022. No other linguistic medium will translate the queries.
Question: Does IBSAT 2022 have a provision for negative marking?
Answer: No, the IBSAT 2022 does not allow for negative marking for erroneous answers. Additionally, no points are added or subtracted for questions that are not attempted. There will be 140 MCQs in the test, each worth one mark.
Question: What are the qualification criteria to apply for IBSAT?
Answer: Candidates willing to appear for IBSAT need to have a recognized bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate marks. Furthermore, even candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply for the examination.
Question: What is the IBSAT exam’s overall level of difficulty?
Answer: The study of past years’ papers reveals that the IBSAT typically has a moderate level of difficulty. Compared to other MBA tests like the CAT and XAT, it is simpler.
This Post Has 7 Comments
Pingback: JNUEE Exam 2023 – Exam Date Announced, City Allotment Out, Admit Card Out - College Sakha
Pingback: CUCET Exam 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
Pingback: AP ECET Exam 2023: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus - College Sakha
Pingback: IMU CET Exam 2023: Exam Date, Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips, Syllabus, Top Colleges - College Sakha
Pingback: Top 20 Distance MBA University in India| CollegeSakha
Pingback: Top Management Exams In India - College Sakha
Pingback: CMAT Exam 2023: Fees, Admit Card (Out), Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern - College Sakha